Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre
  • Breakfast included
Lorne Hotel(Glasgow)
  • Breakfast included
2,766 results
All reviewsriver viewsquinty bridgecity centresse hydroclyde auditoriumattending a concertcar parkshower roomexcellent hotelrooms are smallreception staffmini barmin walkideal locationbreakfast was excellenttea and coffeemodern hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I booked this hotel as part of my wife's Christmas present along with tickets for Barry manilow concert at the Hydro. On arrival the first thing that we found was £5 for parking..... £165.00 for the room, and Plus..Plus after that. I don't mind paying good money for a room, but the service was disastrous, After the show the bar virtually collapsed due to the till which ether didn't work or couldn't work or nobody could work. No real trained bar person = shambles. Breakfast = + £10 per person, and again a shambles, had to ask for salt and pepper,..... coffee.... and at end of the day the buffet was "basic".... not good value for money. therefore "Mugged Legally", this was the opinion of several people staying. This hotel gives the impression of a 5 star but with 3 star service....wouldn't go back and wouldn't recommend.

Room Tip: If you must book... Look out for poor service and Plus..Plus extra's..
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hen702
GlasgowOpsManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear hen702

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you did not feel you received value for money.

Our car parking charge is in line with other 4 star hotels in Glasgow and is stated on our website.

After the Barry Manilow concert the bar till did indeed crash, I personally had this up and running within a couple of minutes.

I am sorry that breakfast service was not as good as it should have been, this will be addressed with the team however your comments regarding the buffet choice are surprising as the majority of reviews complement our selection.

Kind Regards,
Brian

Reviewed May 19, 2014

This hotel has noting special, exept the location on the River Clyde and the vicinity to The Hydro-arena. Everything else is rather average for the amount of money asked. If staying there, ask for a room with River View - the others face the Parking Lot and busy street.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Martina K
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights. Room was fantastic, modern. i-macs.etc and with views of the clyde, it was so clean and comfortable. Staff in the hotel were so friendly and helpful and the food was great. We ate in the bar and had breakfast in the restaurant both days. The hotel has a large terrace which would be great if the weather was good however was full of smokers even in the rain!! The hotel has a carpark next to the hotel which was great and only £5 per day which is brilliant for city centre parking. There is a bus stop opposite the main doors to the hotel which goes into Glasgow and drops off on George Square which was great. We did get a taxi back to the hotel from the bottom of buchanan street at argyle street and it only cost £3 which was less than the bus tickets so it would depend on where you were going as to what method you use. The hotel is right next to the hydro/armidillo/secc so is busy when concerts are on but the rooms are sound proof or at least have great double glazing as you cant here anything. I would recommend the hotel and look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank coling1973
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed at the hotel as we were attending a concert at the Hydro. Location is perfect for SECC and Hydro. Situated directly across the road. Initial impression on entering the hotel basic and stark. We'd booked 2 rooms and had asked them to be located next to each other. The receptionist were able to accommodate this request. The rooms were immaculate but small. The bathroom is tiny. Too small! On arrival, 2.30 pm, we asked to book a table in the restaurant but was told it was already fully booked. We however managed to set a table in the bar. Wish we hadn't! Our 2 girls had adult portions of fish and chips. It looked like a kids portion. I queried the portion size and was reassured it wasn't a kids meal. I went to order a burger. I noticed it said the mincemeat was mixed with mustard. I asked if I could have a plain burger with no mustard but this wasn't possible. I ended up ordering 3 starters for £12. Fish goujons, herb coated chicken fillets and haggis balls. They looked the part but only I only ate the fish. The rest wasn't pleasant. All deep fried. My partner ordered an avocado/chicken/bacon salad. He said it was average but said he didn't enjoy the chicken. We paid £52 for a disappointing meal. On an up side breakfast was good. All in all we were only there for 1 night to see a concert but I wouldn't rush back

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here to attend a concert at the hydro! Which is across the road

We walked from queen street station easy enough to find and took about 20 mins

Checked in no bother
Room on the 4th floor
Room was spotless had everything that we needed for one night!

Lovely seating area outside that overlooks the river can imagine in summer this would be busy.

We had dinner and decided against having it in the bar, ( wish we had)
Service was great but one drawback was while your trying to dine in the dinning room people are coming in from the outdoor seating area to get to the bar via the dinning room can imagine as it gets warmer this will be more annoying.

Food was lovely and priced very well
Drinks were reasonably priced as well

Breakfast the next day was great
Plenty choice of hot and cold items really can't fault it.
I used the gym during our stay and has everything you need
Nice touch is tea and coffee at reception in the morning but coffee was cold

Would return again