“Excellent hotel for accommodation, food and service”

Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre
Ranked #34 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Glasgow
“Excellent hotel for accommodation, food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in November 2012, this was the first time I had stayed in the hotel and it was first-class. The food was fantastic, service was great and staff were very helpful. I had a river-view room, which although a tiny bit small had everything I needed. The breakfast was brilliant - they have a waffle making machine so even though I had a fried breakfast I couldn't resist having a waffle with maple syrup for dessert (I did share it though) - delicious. I would thoroughly recommend a stay at this hotel and can't wait to book again.

Room Tip: I'd recommend a river-view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I haven't stayed here since Hilton took over so wondered how things might have changed. Pleased to report that standards remain high.
As a single guest, I was allocated a twin room. On previous occasions my husband and I had occupied a room with a king size bed. Immediately I noticed how much smaller the room seemed with two beds. Rooms are fairly compact in any case. However, room overlooked river, was bright and freshly painted and well equipped. Bathroom scrupulously clean and plenty of towels and toiletries. Only criticism I would have was the very weak shower. Told the receptionist about this at check out and she apologised.
Had breakfast both mornings, ordering omelettes that were brought to me at the table having been freshly prepared. Range of fresh fruit ok and coffee reasonable. Service seemed slow but it was busy and I was not in a hurry.
Would happily return.

Room Tip: Definitely a river view!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed here 4 times and its great, perfect for any event being held at the SECC and a quick taxi ride into the centre. Love the imac computer in the room which is great for popping on some music to get ready to. Staying again in January 2013 and looking forward to it very much!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I booked this hotel through expedia as I always stay here when I'm in Glasgow. The hotel is bright, updated, clean and although the rooms are a bit small, they have everything you need. I tried changing my reservation through expedia to move it back a day - and after half an hour on the phone, the change was going to be over $500. I called the hotel directly and the person who answered was so courteous and helpful and within 5 minutes had everything changed for me at no cost. This type of customer service is what keeps me coming back each trip!

Room Tip: the river view rooms are worth it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel has excellent staff and the rooms are comfortable and clean but the food served comes far short on value for money.

Portions are small and the ingredients used at breakfast anr of the poorest quality.

Room Tip: Eat at another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GlasgowOpsManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Calum R

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies for our food offering not meeting your expectations.

All of our food is freshly prepared to order and your comments are very concerning – I would be grateful if you could contact me directly to get additional feedback.

brian.mcnelis@hilton.com
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Neat little rooms that were very clean, but could have done with 2 chairs as there were 2 of us. The computer tv was also very good.
We ate in the restaurant the first night and the food was excellent. The only downside was the length of time it took us to get it. We were in the restaurant for an hour berfore we got our main course. The drinks are also a bit pricy, but I expected that.
I would definately stay again.
For anyone wanting to use public transport the no 100 bus runs into Glasgow from outside the hotel. Unfortunately it only runs until 5pm (or 3pm if you want to travel from Glasgow) The train is also good as it is only a short walk from the SECC to the hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear alicanne

Thank you for your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your meal, however it should not have taken as long and I apologise.

We have increased the size of the beds in the twin rooms to improve comfort for sleeping. One chair has been removed to increase space – we are happy to provide one on request.

Our double rooms have 2 chairs.

It is good to read you enjoyed our iMac computer/TV system offering complimentary internet and Sky Sports.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hilton garden is ideally situated for the secc (next door)with the town a short drive away it is situated next to the clyde with pleasant views across the water to the stv and bbc centres the rooms arent massive but reasonable with the usual facilities and apple tv/computer and extra sound system with sub. comfortable bed and (in my case)views out to the river ,good efficient service at reception and restaurant meals good breakfast(buffet) good
downsides the drinks prices i think to be charged over 4gbp per small bottle of magners plus an extra 2 gbp to bring 2 bottles to the table a little excessive also i think to pay over 100 gbp for a room and then a further 6 gbp to park in their car park also excessive i think for those reasons i wouldn't stay again i dont personally pay for my stays but its a matter of principle!
nice hotel spoiled by over zealous extras

Room Tip: river view rooms are pleasant
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GlasgowOpsManager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Glasgow City Centre, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Dear philip t

Thank you for reviewing on Tripadvisor.

I am glad you found our facilities to be of a high standard and enjoyed our bar and restaurant food and service.

Our car parking charge of £5 is one of the best value prices you will find for over-night parking at any hotel of a similar standard in Glasgow and our bottled beer/cider priced at £3.95 is also in line with other hotels.

A discretionary service charge of 10% is added to all orders that are delivered to the table – all of this goes to the staff and we are happy to remove on request.

It would be great if you would re-consider and stay again as your review suggests that you were generally happy with your stay.