“Lovely place to visit”

and up
Pollok House Entrance Ticket
Ranked #51 of 284 things to do in Glasgow
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I have lived only 10 minutes drive away from Pollok House all my life yet i have never been here before.
Lovely staff that great you immediately and make you feel most welcome.
Took my eldery aunty here for a wee afternoon out,a very nice man stephin helped my aunty up the lift and guided us through the house so we knew where to go.
It the house was quite interesting and had some
amazing paintings and amazing views into the garden.
My aunty fancied a walk outside and when we discovered the front of the house it was grand with a lovely wee river at the side.
Thanks so much to all the lovely staff that made our afternoon enjoyable x

All reviews
"pollock park"
"worth a visit"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went with friends who have never been to Glasgow ,went into house for a coffee and scone ,we were told ( lunch only ) ,at the time there was only 1 yes 1 lady sitting at a table ,we were then told some of the tables were booked ,but not all ,a disgrace for a tourist attraction ,on leaving we complained to the man at front desk ,shrugged his shoulders ,couldn't have cared less ,very embarrassing for us and Glasgow ,we were trying to impress our friends how good Glasgow is ,we failed .

3  Thank Leonsebastian13
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Beautiful grounds. Ideal location for a picnic. The house is full if history. Worth a visit. My children love to see the horses

Reviewed July 15, 2013

You must try the restaurant at Pollok House. It is set in the old kitchen area of the house and the food is fantastic. All home made and extremely delicious. Nice friendly servers too.

You can tour the house (for a fee). We did not tour the house on this visit (but have in the past, which is very interesting). We just headed straight to the restaurant in the basement.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I live just a few meters from the entrance to the Pollok Estate and often forget that you can have a meal at Pollok House. As my son was visiting from overseas and we both love the park we decided to have a stroll to the house and have a bit of lunch. So glad we did, it is such a lovely place to visit and the food was excellent. I ordered a lamb burger which I was glad to see wasn't one of these massive portions that really put me off! The burger was homemade served with a ciabatta roll, spicy wedges and a cucumber dip, my son had smoked haddock with black pudding and a mustard sauce. Service was excellent and I certainly won't forget this little gem in a hurry.

1  Thank Buffy19