“Magical !!”

and up
City Sightseeing Glasgow Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #39 of 286 things to do in Glasgow
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I visited the library today as I was out walking while on maternity leave. Having not been here since I graduated I thought I would take a wander in.
I visited the café 1st, excellent facilities, choice and staff..... really 1st class.
I then left my parents with my baby daughter while I had a look around. It was like being transported back to my student days, absolutely magical, please don't update or change the old medical hall, carpets, stairs, tiles.....well, anything really, It's perfect !
I hope my children/grandchildren can visit this iconic jewel for years to come.
Can't wait to return, a real success story for GCC.

There are newer reviews for Mitchell Library

Reviewed August 11, 2013

You could not be disappointed visiting the Mitchell it has something for everybody I love the Glasgow room for an insight on how Glasgow came about, History at its best

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Surrounded by busy roads, the Mitchell is a good quiet place to visit and relax for a while reading a book.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This is a great place for research , leisure and eating. There are computers for public use beside the coffee shop. There is a good selection of food. The library has many areas for private study and research. It is based in a fantastic building.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

First visit to this library as I was aware of its reputation. Was staying in one of the local hotels so travel was not a problem. The vast range of books demonstrates why the library is much renowned. The facilities were also of a good standard and it was easy enough wandering the various levels.