“Thoroughly enjoyable”

Ranked #11 of 62 Fun & Games in Glasgow
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Imax Theatre next to the Science Centre houses one of the world's largest cinema screens and is a popular venue for 3D movies.
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Went to see The Hobbit 3D and enjoyed the movie and the experience. As cinemas go it was just dandy just not enough movies of interest for me at the IMAX...

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've been to see many IMAX films and the staff are normally helpful and pleasant. I say normally as last night they were advising me that when booking where I required a disabled seat, I should have phoned. I've never has to do this so would advise everyone to watch out. Problem I have with this, why can't they incorporate this into their web form? If I buy tickets after hours and then forget to phone, then what? And if you have several people in your party, you will be split up. C'mon IMAX, I'm already paying a premium to see your films and making the effort to get to you instead of using a local cinema.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Just been to see The Hobbit with the girls, what a show. The 3D was fantastic and I cannot recommend this cinema highly enough. Good value and goodies on sale cheaper than other cinemas.10/10.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The IMAX at the science center was my 1st 3D experience and what a experience it was! It was for Harry Potter and the order of the pheonix when the last 30 mins were in 3D. I have also watched the Deep SEA 3D at the IMAX which was also brilliant! They should do more normal 3D films there during the day.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Just been to the IMAX Glasgow to see the Hobbit 3D. I have been many times before and had a great experience. Unfortunately today loads of bits of the film very blurry and seemed out of sync. All in our company thought the same. I am going to go and see the film again without the 3D, it ruined what looked like a great movie.