“Leaves you wanting more than the one dram!”

Glengoyne Distillery
Book In Advance
More Info
$46.72*
and up
Stirling Castle and Whisky Small Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
Ranked #1 of 21 Food & Drink in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: Often described as "Scotland's Most Beautiful Distillery", Glengoyne is open all year for guided distillery tours, whisky tastings and special events. Just a short drive from Glasgow, Stirling and Loch Lomond, this traditional, hard working distillery has been flourishing since 1833. Glengoyne's range of in-depth distillery tours, whisky tasting sessions, private dining and unique hospitality includes the legendary Master Blender tour where guests create their very own individual whisky to take home.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Leaves you wanting more than the one dram!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Not your everyday tour which is why this was all the better.

I can only highly recommend the visit which was engaging and very informative. Everybody who works there obviously takes a pride in the work and great pains are taken to make you welcome as a stranger and leave feeling like you want to be part of the Glengoyne Family.

If I ever get the chance I would love to try the master class. What I learned in the space of an hour will last a lifetime and has changed my view and my palate as far as whiskey is concerned!

Don't hesitate to go, my partner & I were glad we didn't.

1 Thank Piranha-B

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dudley, United Kingdom
“Whiskey drinkers trip”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Interesting if you like whiskey , unfortunately not my tipple. But very pretty surroundings, the gentleman that showed us round seemed very knowledgable, and I learned how whiskey was made and the different strengths.

New Galloway, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A gd hour out”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

As whisky experiences go this was ok , tour was ok but not the best , tour guide was good n full of information . The waterfall was gorgeous . A good hour or two .

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“One of my favourite distillery tours!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have been on a few distillery tours in the past few years and Glengoyne is one of the best I have tried. They have a range of options from the basic £7.50 tour with a tasting of the 12 year old up to a Century of Whisky tour at £150. We opted for the £10 wee tasting tour which included a more tutored tasting of the 18 year old. The tour itself was fantastic and our guide was knowledgeable, entertaining, friendly and you could tell he really enjoyed his job. The only thing that would have made it perfect would have been a visit to the warehouses to see the casks! All in all a great insight into this family owned distillery.

1 Thank RossC86
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A living gem!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I would advise anyone whether you like whisky or not to go on this tour. The tour guide was very informative and it was great to see all the inner workings of this place. The staff were very friendly and the white building with its waterfall just looks a picture against the country side. The shop is lovely and is always well stocked, you also get the chance to try before you buy. This attraction definitely should be on the list of things to do if you ever get the chance.

1 Thank RobMcK1972