“Rob Roy Country!”

and up
Stirling Castle and Whisky Small Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
Ranked #1 of 21 Food & Drink in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: Often described as "Scotland's Most Beautiful Distillery", Glengoyne is open all year for guided distillery tours, whisky tastings and special events. Just a short drive from Glasgow, Stirling and Loch Lomond, this traditional, hard working distillery has been flourishing since 1833. Glengoyne's range of in-depth distillery tours, whisky tasting sessions, private dining and unique hospitality includes the legendary Master Blender tour where guests create their very own individual whisky to take home.
usa
127 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Rob Roy Country!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

It's funny that I'm a top contributor on this site but don't use it enough to find information. A girlfriend and I went to Glengoyne several years ago when my husband and I lived in Scotland for a few months. We very much enjoyed the tour, the history, tasting 10-20 year-old whisky and taking in the lovely countryside. Also, the whisky is not peated, we saw where the water came from, and their attention to detail is phenomenal.

I'm looking to send a bottle to my aunt for a significant birthday and need to send it across the line to Canada. Is there a particular shop I can order it from in Toronto for the weekend? Thanks.

Visited January 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edmonton, Canada
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great little whiskey distillery tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

One of the few private (not multi-national owned) distilleries left in Scotland. The guide had worked there for many years and exhumed a great sense of pride and belonging. We found the tour to be very informative with a knowledgeable and entertaining guide. Great little tour and beautiful setting not far from Glasgow. Reasonably priced and great whiskey.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank bankiemac
Stranraer
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“What a day out!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I was taken to Glengoyne distillery as a birthday surprise by my wife and 15 friends to do the "Blending" tour. We had a lovely lunch to start the tour, then a visit of the distillery itself, followed by the blending session. We blended malts together and were able to take the finished article home. Natalie, the tour guide on the day, is a credit to her employers, she really knows her stuff and was able to answer any question without hesitation. Having done it once, would we go back, you better believe it, it is the best distillery that I have visited.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank ScottBaillie
BRNO
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“how to play the barrels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I love both music and musicians.I had good opportunity to enjoy Scottish music and combning it with water of life you can become very creative .... well really, although my voice is pretty clear it is not easy to be a decent rival to pipes ... that is why I tried my best to vibrate the whole universe in Glengoyene. The barrels and absolutely fantastic malt whisky are waiting for you - hurry up as angels are thirsty as well. SLAINTE.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank UGM_BRNO
Tokyo, Japan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 220 helpful votes
“Clinical, business minded, unfriendly guided tour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

After visiting the Auchentoshan Distillery in the morning, we visited the Glengoyne Distillery. Being a larger and more well known brand we expected more quality. We were dissappointed. The whole place is run clinically and with no heart. The guides just looked at us as if we were cattles waiting to be herded around and treated us like wise. To top it all after the tour our guide told us the wrong time for buses returning to Glasgow, making us wait for an hour outside in the cold. We actually left little time for shopping at their shops due to the fact that the guide told us that the bus was coming in ten minutes. The icing came when we saw the guide leave after work in his car whilst we still waited for the bus. Go to Auchentoshan Distilleries. A cab ride from glasow, friendly, personal and they don't treat you like cattles.

3 Thank fortysomethingmale