“Scotch at 10AM? It's 5PM somewhere, right?” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Stirling Castle and Whisky Small Group Day Tour from Edinburgh
Ranked #1 of 19 Food & Drink in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: Often described as "Scotland's Most Beautiful Distillery", Glengoyne is open all year for guided distillery tours, whisky tastings and special events. Just a short drive from Glasgow, Stirling and Loch Lomond, this traditional, hard working distillery has been flourishing since 1833. Glengoyne's range of in-depth distillery tours, whisky tasting sessions, private dining and unique hospitality includes the legendary Master Blender tour where guests create their very own individual whisky to take home.
Fairfield, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Scotch at 10AM? It's 5PM somewhere, right?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Super tour, 1 hour "close " by city bus, on the hour central bus station , bus #10, stance 34..pay the driver upon boarding about 10 GP. Return, 10min before the hour at distillery. Cold, rainy, misty day, got there at 10AM. Didn't like Scotch until we took the tour, got quickly educated! Purchased my own single malt tasting at Costco as soon as I got home!
Very knowledgeable guides, friendly, beautiful distillery on the Highlands border..no pressure, just good info, guided tastings. Very educational and pleasurable..Highly recommended.

3 Thank Cosmo7760

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Delightful Small Distillery in the Pouring Rain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

What a pretty place despite the weather. Staff very helpful and friendly and we really did feel the uniqueness of this place with its traditional equipment and small sized operations. I would be very proud to work in a place like this. The 17 year old whisky is delightful and we ended up buying a 10 year old and the 17 year old to be drunk on special occasions! There was NO hard sell and the tour was interesting and informative. We had been told about this whisky by a friend so we felt that the visit was very worthwhile and nice to find something unique. I was also pleased to hear that all the un-recyclable waste water is filtered through reed beds and if it hadn't been raining so hard i would have walked down to have a look at them. This is a brilliant way of being environmentally friendly and presumably saves on high sewerage disposal costs as well!

2 Thank princessgyorkie
Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great distillery - great tour - great value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We went as a group of guys on a self planned tour of distilleries around Glasgow as part of a stag day. Glengoyne was the second distillery that we visited and we had a private tasting tour. The distillery were very accommodating while organising the day and I really appreciated their help. On the day the tour was informative and although this was the second one of the day we all learned new things here. We tasted a 10yr ,17yr, 21yr and 12yr cask strength. Edwin out tour guide was informative and answered all of our questions. There was no pressure to buy in the shop but the prices weren't expensive and were helped by the £5 voucher that you get with each tour.

2 Thank Big_G_Mac_61
Yvonne G, Sa at Glengoyne Distillery, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
We were delighted to read your group enjoyed our tasting tour, and you found the distillery organised and helpful with your arrangements. We were also pleased that although this was your second visit of the day to a distillery you managed to picked up new info. I have passed on your great comments to Edwin and the rest of the team.

I hope, if the wedding has been, it went well and likewise if it still has to happen. Please pass on our best to the new bride and groom.

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely wee distillery”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I went twice already, and would probably go again! Incredibly, I was lucky with the weather on both occasions, and on a sunny day Glengoyne is at its best. I thoroughly recommend the guided tour: staff are really nice and knowledgeable, and the two taster drams are worth the ticket :) A lovely day out, especially is someone else is driving you home!

Visited August 2012
Castricum, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice tasting and lots of info!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very nice tour on the Glengoyne Distillery: we did the Wee Tour: two tastings of 10yr old and 17yr old Glengoyne whisky. From previous exerience with wine tours, I expected less of the tour, so I was pleasantly surprised with the size of the group and the huge amount of information we received. Very friendly tour guide who explained everything about making whisky: we only need the equipment and a place to build a distillery but after the tour we could do it ourselves. The 17yr old whisky is also very tasty! And I did not like any whisky before I came to Glengoyne. Had may dad smiling for an entire day with a bottle of 17yr old when I returned home!

Visited September 2012