“the Glasgow icon”

and up
Glasgow's Must Sees 5-Hour Private Tour
Ranked #32 of 276 things to do in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: An iron statue of the Duke of Wellington.
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“the Glasgow icon”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Similar to the legend of the ravens at the Tower of London, if the Cone falls, Glasgow falls! The Duke should never be without his hat...

3 Thank glasgowcityboy

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
881 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 590 helpful votes
“PEAKED MY CURIOSITY....”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Similar to what other Tripadvisor Reviewers had commented in their reviews, the orange cone on the head of the Duke of Wellington made me smile when I first saw it. It peaked my curiosity and prompted me to visit the Gallery behind it that was closing in 30 minutes when I arrived.

There was not much to see inside the Gallery. Please see my related review of this tourist attraction.

I finished my visit in 15 minutes and quickly left the Gallery. On the way out, I said my good bye to my new friend in Glasgow, the Duke with the Orange Cone!

Visited May 2014
4 Thank LolaGo1
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Not the Same Without the Cone”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Passed by this the other day and I must say without the Cone on his head there is No Character. I wish do Gooders and Stuck up Folk would just leave the Cone On!!! Just Very Boring and Dull Without it.

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Classic Glasgow”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

In Glasgow City centre along queen street you will see a classic piece of Glasgow's tradition. Yes it is a statue, a statue of the duke of Wellington why is it so important. It is due to it always having a road cone on the dukes head. The first person to put the cone on is one thing LEGEND. I have seen this all of my life and it always makes me smile.

:-) love it

Visited March 2014
2 Thank LWFB1984
Gloucester, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Magnificent”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

When you are in Glasgow, have a wander down past George Square and head for the GOMA (Gallery of Modern Art). Standing outside is a magnificent monument of the Duke of Wellington. There he stands atop Copenhagen, his favourite horse, in all his military majesty, With a traffic cone on his head LOL.

Visited July 2013