Brunswick Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
All reviewsmerchant citythe penthousecompact double roomamazing locationgeorge squarean overnight staycentral glasgowironhairdryerwhiskeyscotlandconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had the misfortune of staying in this hotel and the decor can only be described as something you would see in a horror film. The rooms were absolutely filthy-they must not employ cleaners. Very small rooms which were very dirty. Will never be back or recommend to anyone I like. Recommendations for the Brunswick... never put the hotel on 'Four in a Bed'.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Glasgowz
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Just back from an overnight stay in the brunswick hotel .. what a great place for food and drink very reasonable prices .. ate in the restaurant delicious brusetta very tasty .. will definitely be back .. staff so friendly .. only thing music was just a wee bit loud .. maybe I'm getting old :))I

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked the hotel for a weekend break with my other half. The hotel had been recommended by a friend who had stayed there before and this review is an honest account of what I thought.

First impressions, what an amazing location. I couldn't imagine a better position for a lively hotel and bar, the architecture is breath taking and I only wish we had stayed for longer to appreciate.

The accommodation was excellent, we stayed in the penthouse which has a mezzanine with plenty of space and was exactly what I was looking for in terms of a surprise.

The staff were exceptional. As guests my partner and I can be quite demanding but non of this phased the staff who were always helpful and friendly.

I can't recommend the experience enough.

Room Tip: Choose the penthouse
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just came home from The Brunswick. We have stayed ther for years on end.. We luv the atmosphere and quirkyness of the hotel. Great location and love the Cafe, the staff are amazing as always and couldnt do enough for us[ even although we have a 12 year old son]. We call it the "Bermuda Triangle" as once you are in there you dont want to leave....The Brunswick has a dear place in our hearts as we have taken our son there since he was a baby... Great value for money and and a great clean simple rooms. I do personaly luv the breakfast..... Glasgow Rolls... omg ... you cant beat them. Thank you again for a wonderful stay.... ;-]]

Room Tip: Upgrade a little if you would like more space as Standard Rooms are what they are [ I luv them personally if ive been shopping and want my head down for the night]. Noise on the higher floors is less...... ;-]]
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Once again I was taken care of in the brunswick from beginning to end. A real gem.

The magical buzz is downstairs in the bar / rest where the staff are most friendly and helpful, The mix of residents and regulars to the bar makes it a hive of activity. There can be danger of a night slipping away in there......

Rooms are clean simple and as one needs to function for a city stay.

very good value. beats any chain type in its category.

The location is really spot on, and on my last trip I was given some wonderful tips that made my stay all the more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I prefer to have a street room, but the back of the hotel with no view offers a quiet calm
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends