I stayed last week in this hotel and had a room on the 7th floor with views over Glasgow. It was a good experience, the staff, young, friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable and it is ideally situated right next to Charing Cross Station for a quick (2 minute ride9 into the City Centre, Queen Street Station. £ 1.50 off peak return. Buses to the north west run past on Bath Street and one street up, Sauchihall St. the buses run into the centre. Ideally situated right next to the motorway and also for parking.
With Premier Inns in my 20 year experience, you get what you pay for and a guaranteed good nights sleep.
The downside is, that if coming from Glasgow Airport on the express bus, you are dropped off quite a way down from the hotel and the walk up Pitt Street is quite steep and tiring with baggage. On my return I took a taxi to the airport and it cost £19.80 one way. Worth it.
I ate in the Thyme restaurant within the hotel. the full breakfast is very heavy on the fat, fried sausage, bacon, hash browns, tomato and mushrooms plus a fried egg or as an alternative scrambled egg. Otherwise the Light breakfast was excellent, especially the freshly made porridge. In the evening, most menus seemed to be served with french fries but the food is freshly cooked and value but certainly not to eat for nights at a time. There are hundreds of eateries in the area so the choice is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 278 bedroom hotel offers an excellent location for both the business and leisure traveller. Conveniently located in the heart of the business district and just a 2 minute walk to the vibrant bars, restaurants and shops of Suachiehall St. Glasgow's rich architectural delights are a 5 minute walk - Art School, Tenement House and Park Circus. The classic yet trendy West End is a mere 5 minute drive - Botanic Gardens, Glasgow University and Kelvingrove Art Gallery. The contemporary Bar Est restaurant and bar offer European cuisine in a relaxing atmosphere. The hotel benefits from excellent transport links, Charing Cross train station is 50 yards away, making excursions to Edinburgh and the North of Scotland highly accessible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Premier Inn, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Glasgow
- Premier Inn Charing Cross
- Premier Travel Inn Glasgow
- Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel Scotland