Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
Ranked #53 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed just one night, no meals taken in Hotel. Room was particulary small, only normal size double bed would fit, unusual for Premier Inn, but looks as though the room allocation was just the luck of the draw as we could see from floor plan other rooms were spacious. That apart for one night it was excellent value and would definitely book there again if we are in Glasgow.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,366)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had another great stay here .When we booked we asked for the same room and wasnt disappointed.Always clean .we will be back next year.Also we had a great time on the open bus tour agian 1st class . very close to all the large shops.

Room Tip: go high great view
Reviewed May 27, 2013

First, a preamble: Glasgow's motorways cut a cruel swathe through some of Scotland's grandest architecture in the mid-Nineteen Sixties so that the monuments and statues that were allowed to remain look a bit like the remnants of a lost civilisation. Not that the Charing Cross area didn't have some very unsavoury crimes in its Victorian period. You can be both posh, and murderous!
But, if you can make the grey concrete highways disappear in your mind's eye, there's still many fine sandstone tenements to be found: and, believe it or not, an excellent Woodlands Art Walk that's well worth googling.
Having been drawn to the area, for various reasons, I'm beginning to make sense of its labyrinthine ways. The Mitchell Library is well worth a visit, being the biggest reference library in Western Europe; and you surely cannot miss the iconic Memorial Fountain, erected by public subscription in 1895, to celebrate the life of a popular local MP.
Use it as a landmark, when you're getting slightly mislaid!
I did, when I was seeking the Premier Inn, and missing it because I forgot to raise my eyes, as I turned the corner.
It's entrance is (if not exactly cunningly concealed) a test for one's individual satellite navigation. But not for long! Why I could get there sooooo easily now I know the way.
And, believe me, I like it so much I'll be very happy to stay again, and again.
Truly, madly, deeply, it's excellent value; and the staff are exemplary in their thoughtful attention.
Yes, if I'm waxing lyrical it's because this chain of hotels does what it says, plus a bit more.
It has a very good choice of food on the evening menu (I went for the fish and chips and a glass of an excellent red Argentinian wine) and I would not, could not fault the breakfast choices.
I slept soundly after a bath (luxury- I don't much care for showers) and (if I was to voice one small criticism) it would be my preference for a small tablet of soap and a bottle of bath lotion.
But, as I can always bring my own, I am not going to carp.
And this is all I am going to say because you're going to find all of this is true, when you make that booking, aren't you?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Busybee888
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We usually stay at the Premier Inn chain and most of them are pretty decent (some better than others). This one is a little older than some of the others we've stayed at but it's still clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly. It's within walking distance of the city center and shows and pubs and so on. It was our first time in Glasgow and I think if I went again I'd probably stay in the one in the city center. Still, we managed to get some good walking in. We didn't have breaky or eat in the restaurant but I noticed that plenty did and it seemed good enough. Must do's for other first time visitors are : comedy at the strand comedy club (a short walk away), dinner at Schoolhouse pub, hot chocolate or a decent cappuccino at The Chocolate Factory just across the road, and a must do....drinks and appetizers with friendly helpful service at the Baby Grand pub just a few yards away from the entrance - brilliant find. We practically lived there!

Room Tip: It's 12 stories high so try get a room near the top....great exercise running down the stairs to...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GiGlGlobal
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Great staff .helpful thoughful .made us aware of local areas to visit. Room also comfortable.clean very welcoming. Its so relaxing to know there never is problem when we stay. Hard to pack up leave lovely atomsphere.all around.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Having a nostalgic mini break to my roots. The reception was warm and welcoming and friendly. The room was clean and well appointed. The dining room had a varied menu and the food was very good served by friendly and efficient staff. Overall found this stay great value for money

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I wish I'd read some other reviews before i booked this. I thought it was a safe bet booking with Premier Inn as they had a standard set up /quality in all their places. i was very wrong. the room was tiny (although I booked/paid for a double), really grubby everything and smelt bad. Reception wasn't interested in helping at all, I got the impression they though it was all great. I find it interesting that when you look through reviews, I'm repeating what other people have said before, and even though they've been responded to by e-mail, it's obvious they've not solved the problems. Shame no-one was even the slightest interested in solving anything for me. It's completely put me off Prem. inn and I'll avoid in future

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Sam m
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.