“Second stay in this hotel and also booked for April.”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
Ranked #53 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Staff extremely helpful especially duty manager and restaurant staff. We were very short on time as we were going to a show and they ensured we had our meal served to us without delay.
We paid for the meal deal and this was extremely good value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Although the faults where cosmetic, it sort of gave the impression of someone not taking pride in their work, paint on the woodwork where the bed lights are. Drawing the curtains ended with the curtain coming off the rail, eventually I stopped closing the curtain as I was fed up wrestling with it to get it back on. Although I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room what spoilt it was the cleaners missed someone's phone cover which was under the bed, apart from those niggles, my stay was good, and would recommend the hotel. Premier inn should look to invest in automatic lights off, and resign the bath to bath heaven save money on electricity, and water. showers is where it is, not baths, yes it's nice to have a choice, I just personally hate baths.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Hotel is in a perfect location for people arriving by train as it is next to Charing Cross station. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the choice of pillow hardness was a nice touch. In the local area there were plenty of good bars and restaurants and were very lively.
On the downside, the hotel is situated over one of the busiest roads in Scotland, and as I was on floor 1, I was woken several times during the night due to traffic noise. I knew from reading reviews here that this may happen, but I forgot to pack ear plugs. If I stayed here again, I would arrive earlier and ask for a room on a higher floor to be further away from the traffic noise.
Staff were very friendly and gave me extra teas and milks for making in my room when requested.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank edward c
Reviewed December 31, 2012

stayed on Friday 28th December to go to pantomime in Glasgow, £29 for a huge warm family room, great view across to the Mitchel library. fish and chips, nachos, curry and 2 drinks was a reasonable £30 and the parking overnight was only £8.
all staff we met very nice, the place is so handy for so much in glasgow. go to the art gallery and museum at Kelvinbridge its fabulous, we only got the idea because we could see the towers of the gallery from our room, but well worth it

Room Tip: room 719 is good, although it faces the motorway you get a good view over the west end
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank scotsdrifter
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Handy location, we were in a group going to show. Rooms were excellent we stayed on the 12th floor what a view, Karen was the memeber of staff looking after us cant thank her enough. At breakfast, Magda and Vera ensured we had all that we required. The manager was alos very hands on ensuring guests were well cared for.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room on the top floor, what a view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank tom d
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed with my two teenage daughters. Hotel clean but from outside looked rough. Room spacious and spotless with the most comfortable beds I ever slept in. Quiet even though we were just off main streets. Breakfast lovely and staff really pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately the location let this, otherwise wonderful, hotel down. It is situated down an alley behind the train station, where drunks hung out at all times. I would advise lone travellers, especially women, to be aware that it felt very unsafe, although there were no incidents that I am aware of. The area surrounding was rough and that end of Sauchiehall St is full of rough looking pubs and clubs but 5 minutes walk away all became much more civilized and Glasgow is lovely. Particularly enjoyed open-top bus tours from Princes Square and Modern Art Museum.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ardslass
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Booked our room at 6pm on the night of our stay. At £42 for the night it was a bargain. Checked in very quick and room was clean, comfy and quiet. Good night sleep. Will definitely be back next time we've got a night out in Glasgow

• Stayed: December 2012