“Brilliant for the price”

Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel
Ranked #50 of 96 Hotels in Glasgow
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Brilliant for the price”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Brilliant for the price. Great location, great wifi, clean room, comfy bed, good breakfast, nice staff. Very satisfied with the stay. On a par with hotels 3x the price. I was staying in a twin room with one friend for 3 nights.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Polish first
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The great thing about Premier Inns is that you know exactly what you are going to get - no awful surprises. The reception will be competent, the room clean and well-furnished with everything required (except a safe), the bathroom will be fine, and if you need to eat, the restaurant will be as competent as everywhere else. This one at Charing Cross has the advantage of being well placed at the west end of Sauchiehall Street, close to the magnificent Mitchell Library and the equally magnificent Bon Accord pub.

Room Tip: you get a great view from floors 10 and up!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sanz1820
Nottingham
Reviewed November 10, 2012

For £32 this was great. Value. Tea and coffee making facilities, good shower, tv with various channels and a nice bed!

5-mins walk to the city centre where all the shops are etc.

Easy check in and easy check out. Friendly receptionist!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We arrived tired and a bit bleary-eyed off the London to Glasgow sleeper train at 9am and expected to have to stow our bags in reception and return later but no... we were shown straight to our room where we could crash to our hearts content! The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. I would never have known we were right next to a train station as there was no noise filtering in from outside. This turned out to be the perfect place to scope out Glasgow Uni and the city centre as we were half way between the two. Great value for money

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here for two nights 27th & 28th Aug 2012. I should have given my feedback then but thought it might just be me but having read other feedback I realised that others felt the same.
It was dated and shabby and small and the tea making area was in front of the clothes hanging area meaning that you have to reach over what could be a hot or steaming kettle to get to it (health & safety ??). My curtains were peppered with holes and one hanging from it's track. I was appauld knowing that I had two other Premier bookings yet to come but in other locations. These little breaks for me are a treat each month but believe me this was 'no treat'. I would'nt risk the restaurant after seeing the room so stayed in my room with a pot noodle and watched tv. Don't do it at this one but I can't fault the others that I have used. Good luck.

Room Tip: refuse room 705.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review.

We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel. Your comments have been noted and will be duly investigated by both Head Office and the Management Team at our hotel.

Please be assured at Premier Inn we take the service provided to all our guests very seriously and your feedback will be duly followed up.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review your stay we do hope that we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.
montrose, scotland
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We only stayed here for one night as were going to a show at SECC, but we booked several weeks in advance and paid the cheap rate of £29 per room. I wasn't expecting much at this rate but it was above my expectations in the comfort department! Our room overlooked the busy motorway and when I first seen it I thought I was in for a sleepless night, oh no, had the best nights sleep in ages! Hardly heard a thing! The bed and pillows were very comfy which made for a good nights sleep. Room very clean. We never had breakfast here, you have to pay about £8 pp for that so can't comment on it. The hotel is right next door to Charring Cross rail station, couldn't get closer! Reception is a bit of a dark area with no windows but friendly welcoming staff! Cost about £7 for a taxi to the SECC which was good, it is within walking distance but it was freezing and we didn't want to walk! I would recommend here for a night out in Glasgow or to visit a show at either the Armidillo, SECC or the the new Hydro, which opens next year.

Room Tip: Our room was on 5th floor overlooking motorway and would stay on that side again. I don't think...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ilkley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a disappointment, very shabby decor in public areas except the restaurant. The bedroom was awful, very small, old fashioned and not to be repeated! The staff are very good in the main but need to enquire further when they detect all is not well. This was the case at check out when asked about my stay I said it was fine (code for not good), the lady replied 'only fine' but did not push farther. The satisfaction gaurantee is ok but the tendency for people who are only here for 2 nights it just to get on with it. Sorry Charing Cross you won't be seeing us again and unfortunately i will also review my stay at premier Inn establishments in the future.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Naina - Social Media at Premier Inn Glasgow City Centre (Charing Cross) Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn our main objective remains to deliver a high level of customer service in all our establishments. We apologise for the service you experienced at our hotel.

Naina
Social Media Team,

Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants.