“warm and welcoming good location for the west end”
Review of Ambassador Hotel

Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #56 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Portsmouth
“warm and welcoming good location for the west end”
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I was supposed to stay here for 2 nights but due to lastminute.com messing up my booking I could only stay one night as they were fully booked. However Jean on the desk sorted everything out and booked me in at their sister hotel The Albion for my second night.. Lastminute hadn't processd the booking properly so I hadn't been booked in! The hotel and breakfast were fine and the room adequate, clean and warm, which suited my needs. and The staff were so helpful. I would stay there again, but if booking through lastminute would ring the hotel to confirm the booking next time...just in case!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I stayed here for 6 nights and loved it. Nice, clean and very comfortable establishment. The breakfast was very good each morning and the staff there was excellent in helping me out with any information i needed for my stay there. Very friendly people and there was free wifi in the rooms which helped me out alot. Most hotels charge for wifi. Nice
Patio in back with table and chairs for people that like to smoke. Free parking! I would definitley go back to this hotel again. Dorothy/USA

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Galashiels, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Public areas were clean enough, didn't think to check shower cubicle till I was about to get in it, I didn't !!! We were visiting with friends on their first trip to Glasgow, didn't impress them.

Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Stanley, WAKEFIELD
Reviewed September 12, 2010

We stayed at the Ambassador because we couldn't get in at the Bellhaven where we generally stay. We visit Glasgow every year for 'Whisky Live'.
The location is fantastic, just behind the Botanic Gardens. The room wasn't massive, but was clean. There was plenty of hanging space and drawers for clothing. Plenty of tea, coffee, sugar and milk in the room and a hairdryer that worked. We stayed for 2 nights in total and were very comfortable. The Breakfast on both mornings was very hot, freshly cooked and very nice.
We are in Glasgow again in November, so have booked into the Ambassador again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Firstly, I wouldn't call this a hotel but a guest house. If you were only staying for one night you wouldn't notice that the room or en-suite are never cleaned, only tidied, but I stayed for a week. The traffic noise from the nearby main road into the city centre never stops. A great pity as the location next to the lovely Botanic Gardens in the West End is very good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Isle of Skye
Reviewed August 19, 2010

We were transferred over from a sister hotel on arrival. Were promised an upgrade for the inconvenience but were put in an attic room which was tiny. There was only a small area of the room that my husband could stand up straight in! Shower head was broken and the water was luke warm. The cooked breakfast was dried up and of very inferior quality and we all had to squeeze passed each other with our hot drinks when you wanted refills as the dispenser was on the bar. We also waited ages to be served. The Reception was unmanned as we checked out so there was no one around to complain to. I wrote to the hotel with these complaints and although they replied, they did not in any way address them and they certainly did not apologise. Would not recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed June 17, 2010

So handy - not far off the motorway and in the west end but all importantly quiet - this is a great find. Good transport in to towm if you don't want to take the car. Such a welcoming young man at reception who was so helpful - even went outside to show us exactly which way to go. Comfy room and nice to have a fridge in it - so much better than some larger and fancier places. Also car parking which is a huge plus. Nice breakfast too - cooked breakfast was grilled not fried which is another important plus for me. Will definitley saty here again if in Glasgow.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple