My husband and I (in our 60s) stayed at the guest house but our friends stayed at the hotel across the street. We paid £30 less and had a much bigger very pleasant room, but had to cross the busy road each day for breakfast or to get to the reception area. We also had to negotiate some steep narrow stairs so felt lucky that we had just a carry-on size case. We walked from the railway station and to the attractions, including museums, antique shops and the model train show at the Scottish Exhibition Centre, so the Argyll was perfect for our purposes. Our room had a slightly strange smell which never went away and my other gripe is that fresh fruit was available at breakfast one day but not on the other morning. Otherwise the breakfast was excellent though - lots of hot choices plus cereals and yoghurt. The employees were helpful and pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Popular, small and family run in convenient location .5 mile west of the city centre offering room only or bed and breakfast at budget rates. By Kelvingrove Park it is within a short walk of Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre, Kelvingrove Art Galleries/ Museum, Kelvinhall International Sport Arena and Glasgow University. Enjoy both west end and city centre shopping, dining and nightlife. Ideal for business or tourist alike. Family Rooms Available. Free Street Parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Argyll Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Argyll Guest House Hotel Glasgow
- Argyll Guest House Glasgow, Scotland