“Problem with cleanliness”
Review of Number 10 Hotel

Number 10 Hotel
Ranked #26 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was marred by the fact that the bath in room 37 was grimy and there was a substantial amount of hair in the plug hole. When you are paying three figures for a hotel you expect everything to be perfect. That was very off putting as was the fact that the breakfast was served in chafing dishes. Why can't breakfast be cooked fresh to order?

Location for our event at the Glasshouse was perfect and the staff were pleasant enough.

The room was steaming with condensation and the window in the bathroom was in need of replacement.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Number 10 Hotel

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I booked my hotel through their own website, and received confirmation of my booking. When I arrived, they had no record of my booking and could not accommodate me. I was told that the website was not theirs at all, that it was organised by a booking company they employed, and that the mistake had been made by this company. I was told further that I should have arranged the booking by ‘phoning the hotel.
The receptionist was kind enough to find me a room in another hotel, but seemed shocked that I considered the hotel to be at fault. They grudgingly contributed to my taxi fare to the other hotel. The manager would not speak to me.
I can only suggest you take the advice offered to me after the fact, and do not book this hotel without speaking to them personally: by their own account, their online agents are not at all reliable.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sean M
Reviewed October 25, 2013

After getting married abroad we had our Glasgow reception at the no.10 early October. Great space for a party and everyone commented on buffet food. All the staff were brilliant and the dj they can supply you with is also very good everyone had a lovely night. Also very reasonable bar prices for a hotel.

As for the actual hotel we stayed in the honeymoon suite which was lovely. Massive bedroom and bathroom. Very tradition Glaswegian building and something a bit different from your run of the mill chain hotel that are everywhere. Few of our friends were staying also and all of their rooms were very good size too. We missed breakfast due to overdoing it the night before but everyone who made it all said it was brilliant. Overall would recommend hotel to someone visiting Glasgow looking to be close to town without being right in middle of it and wanting a more traditional and personal view of the city

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GJC67
Number10Management, General Manager at Number 10 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Taking time to review your Wedding Reception experience is great appreciated at Number 10.

Staff and Management continually work hard to make all of our guests experience a pleasant one.

Kind Regards
William Sloan
GM

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here on the 4-5 of October had a lovely time at the hotel. Staff were very friendly room was clean breakfast was great. Short taxi ride in to city centre what more could you want. I will be staying here next time I come back to Glasgow.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am glad you enjoyed your experience and found the hotel to be close proximity to Glasgow and all it has to offer.

I hope you will return in the New Year.

Kind Regards
William Sloan
GM

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We popped into Number 10 by chance as we had some time to spare before a Scotland football match at Hampden Park. This proved to be a good choice. Bar restaurant was very clean, with decent choice of quality pub grub on the menu. Service also friendly, if a little on the slow side. Overall, very good and we would certainly go back when next in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank East_Lothian_Scot
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Yet another September weekend at Number 10 Hotel, and just like all the previous ones a good time was had by all. I use this hotel both for business and pleasure. The September weekend was pleasure 20 golfers on our annual Friends Across The Border match with the Malletsheugh Golf Club. The Hotel as always was well presented and the attention given by William (The General Manager) Nicola and the rest of the staff was excellent. The food is excellent and great value for money. You are 5 Minutes walk from the nearest rail Station and just a 10 Minute ride from Glasgow City Centre and only £1.95 return. Two of us stayed for 2 extra days and took the train into Glasgow twice. The rooms are large to huge especially in the annex and well appointed. We will be back twice next year in May and possibly August for more golf and I will be back on my next business trip later this year.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both the main building and the annex, on most occasions in the Annex and have been...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels when I travel to Glasgow, the only reason I dont stay here all the time is because it is so popular, I am quite a fussy person but even I cannot fault the cleanliness of the rooms, in fact the whole hotel sparkles, & the staff are so warm & friendly, the welcome you receive from Nicola & William is second to none, I could not recommend this hotel high enough, I will be back very soon regards Mick Rainsford

Room Tip: book early to avoid disappointment
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business