“Warm and welcoming”

Manor Park Guest House
Ranked #7 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed here over the Christmas break while there was no room with the family. The place was really comfortable and clean with everything needed. The owners/ operators were helpful and I felt I would have no problems asking or contacting them if I needed anything. The room was well set out with all the things needed. It was a bit of a sanctuary to come back to.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Enjoyed a comfortable, relaxed and "made to feel very welcome" couple of days here recently. The room was spacious and well furnished with a comfortable bed. Everything was very clean on arrival and I liked the Isle of Skye soap provided! Breakfast in the morning was tasty and filling and the coffee was good and plentiful - always a key point for me!

The location is very good, with free on street parking right outside and close to bus routes to the city centre. Not sure how much the bus would be but a taxi to the centre was around £7 / £10 back after midnight (well after midnight in fact!). We didn't find the road noise obtrusive, although being autumn we didn't try sleeping with the windows open! And this is still in the city so it won't be totally silent but I would say it is a whole lot quieter than a city centre location.

There is also a handy group of local shops within a couple of minutes walk - just ask Fiona or Scott for directions. In fact, that could be the motto for this guesthouse - just ask! Despite having only been running the place for a few months, both Scott and Fiona couldn't have been more helpful or welcoming and gave the impression of having been doing it for years! There are a few minor improvements to be made (E.g hairdryer lead!) but I got the impression that they were 'on the case'!

All in all, a lovely place to stay if you want to explore Glasgow and I would definitely put it in my list of best places I have stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DBfromLincoln
themanorpark, Owner at Manor Park Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your very kind review. It was a pleasure to meet you both and hope we will see you again. Many thanks Scott and Fiona

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Fiona and Scott, while new to the Manor Park, were totally comfortable in their role as hosts. They treated us like friends and were so helpful as we explored Glasgow. They recommended a wonderful restaurant. We felt like part of the family and enjoyed meeting their charming sons. The rooms were very nice and the breakfasts excellent. Enjoyed the other guests as well. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I needed to accompany a family member for an emergency admission to hospital. Back at home, my husband picked out Manor Park at random on the internet and booked a room for me. I had no idea when I would be free to check in but, when I phoned her, Fiona said I would be welcome whenever. It was lovely, after the stress of the hospital, to find such a pretty, quiet place. There is a main road nearby but the house is situated below the level of the road and the surrounding trees muffle the sound of traffic. Country mouse that I am, I have to have the window open and I slept well. After a perfectly cooked breakfast, Fiona helped me locate a phone charger, I'd forgot mine, and I went back to the hospital refreshed and reassured. I'm sure Manor Park would make a good base for a city break but, for me and my family, it is a comfort to know that Fiona and Scott will look after us if we should have another hospital emergency.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was a great place for me on a short business trip to Glasgow. The owners are very charming and helpful and recommended a great place to eat just 'round the corner. To be honest, my room was basic and looking slightly dated but it was clean, very quiet and fine for the price. The five stars are for the staff, a great nights sleep and a lovely breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My first time at Manor Park, but my wife had stayed with them while Cathy and Angus were hosts.
My wife is from this area of Glasgow and visited family while using Manor Park. She stayed in various rooms. This time we had the upper floor. We enjoyed the skylights, using the breeze and sun as needed. It was completely quiet. You just can't say enough of the new hosts, Fiona and Scott. They were a pleasure to meet. Very professional, warm and helpful. They would organize cabs for us, direct us to place to eat, bookstores. It seems someone was available at all times, since the family is working to make this a successful B & B. A special treat was seeing Scott's pastels. We loved his paintings and did buy a print. The breakfasts were just fine. I always had the full Scottish breakfast plus juice, fruit, yogurt. Coffee was good too. For us the location was perfect. Close to Victoria Park, a brisk walk to the unique Broomhill area of cafe's and bookstores, 15 min walk to train stations. Since we were not tourists on this trip we mostly walked, enjoying the neighborhoods, hedges and trees especially the last block to Manor Park Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Friendly, Warm welcome on arrival ,Hotel is set in a quiet and beautiful leafy West End Location close to all attractions, with plenty of free parking. Great park took 10mins walk. Rooms were spacious, clean with house keeping daily, Breakfast was fresh and plentiful with great selection. Beds comfortable as we were out most of the day, we slept all night. Owners were very friendly which, we have not expierenced else where. Would recommend The Manor Park Hotel to all Family and Friends and will revisit when back in Glasgow, Thanks for a great holiday. See you soon.

Room Tip: The Room we had was front facing, with lovely period features, it was clean and spacious.