All reviews piping centre small hotel piping museum wee dram free dram theatre royal city centre wee hotel lovely little hotel breakfast was delicious hope street friendly hotel no lift hotel restaurant full scottish breakfast rooms are comfortable sauchiehall st
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2019

This was our first stop on our tour of Scotland. Employees were extremely friendly and accommodating. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Got my first "wee dram" upon arrival. Food was excellent. Also, a very convenient location.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed December 22, 2019

We stayed here for one night during our visit to Glasgow. The room was warm and clean. The reception staff were all friendly, patient and helpful. The breakfast was nice as well. An all-round lovely place!

Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a trip to see a show at the Theatre Royal and didn’t appreciate it was just across the road. Handy indeed!
At check in we were treated to a dram and shown to our room by friendly staff. The bed was a large king with nice bed linen. Additional pillows etc available in the wardrobe. The bathroom was well appointed and spotlessly clean.
We’d opted for breakfast and weren’t disappointed. Artisan yoghurts and home made croissants were included within the continental option as well as an item from the cooked menu. My hubby had the full Scottish and I had the most amazingly smooth porridge with maple syrup and banana.
There were parents with small children arriving during breakfast, and rumour had it that Santa was paying a surprise visit. This is a lovely place and we Werner disappointed. It had the potential to be a little noisy which we expected being so central but it was lovely and quiet. Can’t wait to stay here again. Thank you all.

Reviewed December 16, 2019 via mobile

Found the place a bit by accident. We were attending the theatre royal and the Pipers is literally over the road. Room clean and comfortable, good bathroom (nightingale floor, if you need to get up in the night). Our room was quiet but friends who had a room at the front said it was a bit noisy, however reception said they had earplugs. Breakfast was excellent, from the full Scottish, smoked haddock, pancakes all nicely done and presented.

Reviewed December 7, 2019

I went back and re-read the reviews, where it states that you check in through the restaurant. But I guess that didn't stick with me, and we were confused about check-in. Check-in was great, with a bit of scotch and a piece of yummy short bread. Also I missed the fact that there wasn't an elevator! They helped us up with the suitcases. After these small glitches, we really enjoyed our stay. The room was large and very comfortable. We ate dinner at the restaurant, which we really enjoyed. Breakfast the next morning was included, and was great. Super location, and they stored our bags while we did a walking tour the next day.

Date of stay: October 2019