Me and my partner stayed at the Piper's Tryst for a wedding just a few weeks ago and had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Great accomodation, great service and really great food.
We had travelled up for a wedding which was also being held in the building on the Saturday - but on the Friday night we enjoyed a fantastic taste of Scottish cuisine - I couldnt resist the sea bass and even my partner's daughter, who is a very picky eater, was chuffed with her child sized portion of fish and chips.
Our room was small but had excellent you would expect for the price. Their largest rooms are only twins but they had already set up an extra camp bed before we arrived. Only thing I would warn is payment is on arrival - so make sure to have your wallet ready (mine was burried at the bottom of my suitcase!) but the room was very reasonable and a great place to crash after the busy wedding.
Breakfast is continental, with an option of a cooked breakfast - which although you do have to pay extra for - is well worth it - especially the morning after the night before! The staff could not have been more helpful - always smiling and attentive and seemingly filled with knowledge on their menu and the buliding.
A great wee Scottish experience - i would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The National Piping Centre is home of The Pipers' Tryst which houses 8 cosy bedrooms, and is classed by the Scottish tourist board as a 4 star 'Restaurant with Rooms'. All 8 bedrooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms, colour TV with radio channels, hairdryer, trouser press, and tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast is served within The Pipers' Tryst Restaurant. A continental buffet breakfast is provided in all our rates. Cooked breakfasts are also available at an extra charge, The Pipe Major's breakfast will be sure to see you through the day. The Pipers' Tryst Restaurant is also available for lunch or dinner throughout the week. Having achieved eat quality Scotland standard and received very complimentary reviews in local press our tables are often in high demand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Pipers' Tryst Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pipers Tryst Glasgow
- Pipers Tryst Hotel Glasgow
- The Pipers' Tryst Hotel Glasgow, Scotland