Sherbrooke Castle Hotel
$284
$237
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$188
Hilton Glasgow(Glasgow)
$277
$231
$289
$244
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$139
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Central Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$176
$137
Agoda.com
$262
$244
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewswedding venuemain buildinggarden suitedaughter's weddingran like clockworkjunior suitefour poster bedburrell collectionhuge bathroomsitting arearoll top bathdowntown glasgownight porterwould highly recommend this hotellovely hotelfull scottish breakfastfollowing morning
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Got Room 11 at the very top of the castle for six wonderful nights and it blew me away. The bedroom was spacious enough to hold two wardrobes and a writing desk, in addition to a real double bed. There was a separate lounge area. The bathroom was huge and sparkling clean, with a claw-footed tub as well as a shower, and great views from three windows. There was no lift and the door was locked with a plain metal key, but I liked these old-fashioned touches that reminded me I was sleeping in a castle.

The food in the restaurant was surprisingly good. I still have fond memories of the roast beef (pink), Yorkshire pudding (huge), garden vegetables (crisp), lamb saddle (juicy) and pork belly (tender). They really know how to cook meat here.

Through it all, the staff were helpful, polite and efficient, and took care of everything without ever being intrusive or huffy. The guy at the reception desk had no issue with stepping into the restaurant to take my order when everyone else was busy, and I was impressed by that.

The only niggly negatives I could find were that the shower pressure wasn't great (though nice and hot), and the Wi-Fi was pretty weak, probably because of the room's location. Five stars nonetheless, because the everything else was so lovely, and the bill at the end of it was very reasonable. I'm glad I stayed here, and I was sorry to leave, and I'd come back if I could.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YellowDancer
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We visited this hotel this week for a one night stay. We were upgraded to a Junior Suite and had a fab room, huge bed and lovely views. The two meals - dinner & breakfast were excellent except for the tea at breakfast. I am Coeliac and the staff were knowledgable about my problem. Good & mostly helpful staff.
We were there for a funeral and the reception after was held at the hotel. By contrast with other meals this did not come over well. The Lentil Soup was excellent but the sandwiches were dry (I'm told) with very skimpy fillings and the garnish was a few rocket leaves thrown on - very poorly presented.Once again, the tea was absolutely foul. Don't know how a 4star hotel can ruin a cup of tea but they did.

Room Tip: We had room 5 - see comments above
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hill_dweller210
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a two night break with friends. We were celebrating a special birthday and a special wedding anniversary therefore we wanted a special hotel and that's exactly what we have returned from. The surrounding area is oozing grandeur so this castle fitted into the area beautifully. The castle looks lovely from the outside but even nicer inside. The rooms were an upgrade, big enough to have had a party. Each meal we had was served to a very high standard.the food was delicious. The bar area and small lounges were cozy to sit with a small dram or three. The staff are all helpfull,professional and pleasant. Two minute walk to train to central station. We will definitely recommend this hotel and would love to return.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank geell
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed 2 nights recently. Very good small hotel.Welcoming ,friendly staff and clean warm rooms.Breakfast was excellent with great choice. Dinner menu rather limited with similar menu both nights, but the quality and presentation very good. We were delighted to find the station 2 mins along the road and only 1 stop from the centre of Glasgow.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank poland123
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was a itison deal sunday roast either beef, pork or gammon all the trimmings and a bottle of wine per couple when we arrived the reception staff were so helpful taking our coats and escorting us to the lounge until our table was ready which was all of five minutes food was delicious in fact two of the starters were white bait and the waiter advised that chef had not been happy with first batch so had re done them and there would be no charge the sweets were also scrumptious we had sticky toffee pudding which we shared as portions were big overall lovely hotel great staff and toilets were spotless

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family