“Very lovely people”
Review of The Flower House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glasgow
The Flower House
Ranked #14 of 35 Glasgow B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2008

I was in the flower house with my sister in law to visit my brother in the southern general hospital. The welcome at the flower house was very warm. The room was very nice, clean and quite. The beds were very comfortabel. There is a tv and dvd player in the room. The toilet and shower is in the hall, but also very clean to. We got our breakfast served in our room, we really felt like two queens. The owners were very friendly and suportive to help us around in Glasgow. We really recommend this bed & breakfast to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Ravelsjackson

Reviewed January 8, 2008

I phoned to book a double room about 2 weeks in advance. I remember chatting to the lady about how close it was to the SECC, where we had tickets to see a show. I remember her saying that "we look directly onto it", so it seemed ideal.

However, on the day, we arrived by taxi, only to find that we were totally unexpected! The owner (I assume) just peered out from behind the door, saying, "We're full. You're not booked in". Luckily, we found a hotel nearby, after going to a local pub for a beer and sit down (which we needed, I can tell you!).

So, it may be very nice once you get in the door, but I would strongly suggest that you get a booking confirmation, and don't just assume that because you spoke on the phone, it means you have a room!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank mcj_1961
Mothership, Owner at The Flower House, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2008

I'm really pleased Trip Advisor have added the owner response feature to their site.

Anyone who books a room with us do get confirmation, once we have their credit card details the booking is written directly into the diary. Once in there the room is reserved for that person. Sometimes while waiting for someone to call back with their card details we mark the enquiry ACCD (Awaiting credit card details).
If the person does not phone back we assume they no longer require the room. So if someone else phones for the same dates they get the room. Usually when they don't phone back they don't turn up, unfortunately this lady did turn up only to find the room had been taken by someone else.

Reviewed November 6, 2007

I stayed at the Flower House between the 1st and 7th of October 2007 (six nights total) while attending a conference in the Scottish Exhibition Center (a 7-10 minute walk from the B&B through the metro station overground tunnel). I stayed in the double-bed room next to the kitchen downstairs, overlooking the garden.
I felt like I was the only guest on that floor, even though the second room was also occupied for a few days! The bathroom was always available to use.
A full breakfast, with cereal, toast and fresh fruit was served in my room every morning.
The hosts are very friendly and willing to give information and brochures to guests.
The only problem I had was that my cellphone had poor reception in the room, however I don't know if the location of the room is to blame for this. I didn't mention this to the hosts because I didn't consider it a life or death issue!

Strongly recommended overall! :)

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank Yiacha
Reviewed May 19, 2007

We stayed in the downstairs twin room for 4 nights and loved it so much that we returned to stay for one more night at the end of our holiday in Scotland before flying home. The room is cosy but not too small and faces the lovely garden. We got all the privacy and at the same time, personal attention to all ur needs. Our clothes were washed, dried and ironed. We got help with calling a cab, making phone calls, even mending a shoe. Breakfast in our own room, with embroidered table cloth was really a luxury. I usually dread sharing a bathroom but I felt so at home in the Flower House that it did not bother me at all. The location is very convenient, for the university, the city, and even for travelling out of the city.
Thank you Susan and Ian, for everything, especially for getting up so early in the morning to make breakfast for us before we rushed to the airport. We have very fond memories of your lovely house.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank leelee25
Reviewed May 15, 2007

Stayed at the Flower House for 4 days in May 2007. Susan and Ian went out of their way to make it a wonderful stay.

The rooms are well appointed with a home cooked breakfast every morning in your room. Baths are clean, ample towels and robes, with gorgeous tiles surrounding the tub/showers. Sharing the baths were not a problem and did not even see other guests during my stay.

The guest house is about a block from a main bus line, post office, restaurants, and news agents. If able you may even walk into Glasgow city center.

Will return to this gem of a guest house. I stayed in the pink main level bedroom with a brass bed. Very quiet overlooking the well cared for garden.

Thank you Ian and Susan for such a lovely stay in your home.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Rosemary M
Mothership, Owner at The Flower House, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2008

This lady was a joy to have as a guest, she appreciated everything we did for her.
We love fussing over and making people happy, and when someone chooses to spent their holidays with us, we consider it a great compliment, we do everything we can to make them happy.
We have stayed in touch which is lovely.

I have met some of my dearest friends through doing B&B and my life is richer for having them.

Reviewed September 11, 2006

very comfortable and hospitable.will visit again.

Stayed: August 2006
2  Thank StephanieB
A TripAdvisor Member
Leicester
Reviewed June 18, 2006

I always make a point of staying at the flower house when i visit glasgow; which is quite offen and i am never disappointed.

Not only does the house hold a certain charm, the Docherty's themselves are warm caring people, who go out of there way to make sure you enjoy your stay. Especially catering for me and my specail diet and when i ocassionly forget to bring shampoo etc.

The house is fantasicaly situated, 5 minutes from the SECC and exhibition centre train station, 10 minutes from the University of Glasgow, 20 minutes from the city centre and all the brillaint SHOPS!

The rooms themselves are amazing, and i recon i have slept in them all now, the beds are so comfy, its hard to drag yourself out of bed in the morning. The rooms are a good size,bright and airy.

Dont feel scared about all the antiques in the house, no signs here saying dont touch or sit here. And it dosent feel like you are staying in a museum, just a well loved home.

Each has a tv and dvd player, even if you dont have any cd's or dvd's with you, the family is more than happy to loan you something from their collection or give the card to the local video shop.

Forget buying Country Life magazine for decoration ideas, just spend the night at the Flower House, and the flower displays inside and out are enough to rival any stand at the Chelsea Flower Show.

My next visit to the Flower House is in July and i will be there for the re-opening of the Kelvingrove Art Gallery (11 July 2006). I cant wait!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business