“Clean, basic, budget hotel close to the best eating establishments in Glasgow”
Review of The Heritage Hotel

The Heritage Hotel
Ranked #62 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed January 25, 2008

I have been staying at the heritage fairly regularly over the past ten years. I've always found the rooms clean although some of the rooms are now starting to get a little tired as they are in need of some TLC / new beds. Breakfast is good and the off road parking is very restricted - just 3 spaces. Staff are helpful and friendly. I'll continue to use the hotel from choice rather than pay through the nose (even on expenses) for much dearer properties alsewhere in the city. Nearby are some of the best restaurants in Glasgow - Try The Ashoka and Antipasti they are absolutely superb!

Stayed: October 2007

Reviewed December 9, 2007

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.
We were travelling with our 2 yer old son around the UK and this by far was a our low point as far as accommodation goes. It's positives are its proximity to the gardens and restaurants and it's breakfast wasn't bad.. It's low points are the non-existent parking (for our must be off-street-parked hire car), the grotty bathroom, dodgy bed, peeling paint and lack of noise reduction. I am sorry to say this wouldn't even muster a 2 star in Australia.

It was so appalling we just lay on the bed laughing that we'd spent so much on the room!

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 30, 2007

This hotel has a lot of potential, its just not living up to it. The staff is very friendly and helpful but the hotel is in need of a good cleaning. At first glance, our room was clean but after a few minutes in the room you could see that it was not. The curtains were filthy - it looked like some child had smeared chocolate all over the insides of them. The outlet was filthy and at eye level even. In the bathroom, our bar of soap wasn't even new! The outside of the hotel would be very pretty if they swept and added more flowers. Also the parking is a joke. Only 4 slots and it smells of garbage.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank scotlassie_7
Reviewed July 13, 2007

I am writing this review for I have just finished a 2 years long contract working in Glasgow city centre ,so 2 years staying at the Heritage hotel in the Westend makes me very qualified to write this ,I found the heritage through a website i visited . I found this hotel to be one of the best hotels I have stayed [and beleive me i have stayed in many hotels all over britain ],the rooms are always clean, fresh bedding ,fresh towels ,and good food in the morning ,staff very friendly ,i would also say that every hotel does have bad points but ,these were very small ones , cannot please everyone ,but this hotel did ,well I am off to work In London for 6 months ,so I will see what lies around the corner

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2007

This is my third time staying at this hotel ,usually myself ,but we were a party of six couples attending a wedding at glasgow university ,all the couples enjoyed there stay and my wife raved about how much choice there was for breakfast.
All rooms have there own ensuite and nice but simple pine furniture ,and the staff were again very freindlly ,staying in the westend of Glasgow is fantastic ,bars bistros night clubs ,,please note that when staying at the hotel it is better to leave the car at home and take the public transport it is fantastic,once again thank you for a wonderful stay at your hotel we will be back

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank moonman2
Reviewed March 20, 2007

Had single en suite room on first floor. Room ok but not very clean under the bed.
The curtain did not fit over the window and the door catch didn't look very secure.
Family friendly though - I had to ask some young children to be quiet at 11pm as they were sitting chatting on the stairs near my room and I was trying to settle down for the night.

I would not have wanted to stay any longer than one night and wouldn't go back but it was fairly cheap.
Breakfast was fine though.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank ShetlandPearson
Reviewed February 27, 2007

Stayed at this hotel for business purposes, booked for 3 nights but checked out after the first, the website stated limited parking, this consisted of 3 bays at the end of a dead end, bin lined street, all the spaces were full with the hotels staff's cars.
My pregnant colleague was given a room at the top of the hotel, 5 flights of steps up (NO LIFT!), we asked if she could change and were told this was not possible although no one appeared to check whether there were other rooms available.
The hotel was clean (ish) so i suppose for the price,which was very cheap, the standard wasn't much of a suprise, however i would happily pay a little more and have a good nights sleep, somewhere to park and not have to hike to my bedroom!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business