1,323 results
All reviews cupcakes union street cup cakes glass roof fresh milk central station ground coffee office building caledonian chambers home made ice cream ceiling fan sky box arran aromatics sitting room little touches top floor on arrival
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was by far my favorite of our travel in Europe. Very quaint. Very clean and comfortable. Had everything we needed. I’ve read some complaints about the rooms being small and the fact that the bathroom was built into it but it was not a problem. I felt that we had plenty of room. There is also a community room if you want to hang out there or even work on your computer. Our room had a small desk that worked fine for my husband to be on his laptop. The fresh baked cupcakes and homemade ice cream everyday were fabulous. So delicious.

We were worried that being right next to the train station would be loud but honestly never was an issue even with the window wide open. No complaints just wonderful.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Our vacation consisted of 3 hotels in 3 countries and this was a great start for our first hotel. Let me start off by saying that Glasgow is a great city! My boys and I spent 24 hours in this fantastic city and I’m already planning my next trip! The staff at Grasshoppers are an accurate representation of the people I experienced on Glasgow...warm and accommodating. Kind and genuine. I only have positive words for this city and this hotel. I love the hotels location. We arrived by train so we literally stepped off the train and walked a few yards onto the street where the hotel is located. Easy check in and a sparklingly clean room are what we experienced after a long train ride from Paris to London and then to Glasgow. We were in town for one night for a concert and were within a scenic 15 minute walk along the River Clyde to the concert location.

The location- perfect
The staff- warm
The rooms- clean and comfortable

Can’t wait to get back to explore some more!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2018 via mobile

Don’t let the entrance to this hotel put you off. It seems a little scruffy but the hotel is located on the 6th floor of a building that is part of the Central Railway Station and is beautifully designed and decorated. I stayed in a single room (619). It was divided into 2, a shower room and hallway with clothes rail, full length mirror and chair. The second side of the room comprised of a bed with a tv and Sky box at the end. And a desk in the corner with kettle and beverage station. The room has complementary still and carbonated water and a tube of Smarties (replenished daily)
The bathroom has Arran Aromatics toiletries. Lovely fluffy towels too. And an excellent power shower.
My room and shower room were immaculately clean.
The communal lounge is a pleasant space to drink the complementary beverages and to eat the cakes and ice cream, homemade and available 24hrs.
Breakfast is excellent. Well cooked and quality sourced products.
As a lone female travelling on business I felt safe and appreciated the opportunity to be with other solo business travellers.
Plenty of power sockets around the room.
Comfy bed with quality bed linen.
I dined in on one night and enjoyed the soup, homemade bread, salads, main course and fruit salad, accompanied by a pleasant glass of red.

I will definitely stay here again! Thanks to all the lovely staff who were always very pleasant, polite and helpful.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2018

Rooms are very stylish, however there is nowhere (other than coat hooks) to store clothes in the rooms I've been offered. The hotel backs onto the main train station, so be prepared to hear platform announcement. I tried to get a vegan breakfast - beans on toast, no butter. This seemed to cause an enormous upset from staff who made it (after much discussion) that even though both items were not on the menu, they could perhaps make an extra special effort. They shouldn't have bothered as I won't go back.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2018

I was delighted to find this hotel so close to Glasgow Central as I was going to a concert at the Hydro and it finished late. My tiny single room was clean and had a lovely little ensuite. The Sky TV didn't work that well although the receptionist did her best for me - I think it needed a new remote as several of the buttons didn't seem to work. Bottled water and smarties are provided in the room as well as tea making facilities and a box of tissues. In the hallway, cupcakes were available and also a cold cabinet with home-made ice-cream.
Because I booked through Hotels.com, breakfast was NOT included but for £8.50, the nice staff provided almost anything - I had bacon, sausage and scrambled eggs, tea and lovely toast. (Book direct - I'm sure it works out cheaper).
My room was quiet and overlooked the glass roof of the station - fascinating! The hotel provide free wi-fi and a code for the downstairs door. I know Glasgow well and Union St. can be somewhat seedy but I felt safe and secure six floors above it!

• Trip type: Traveled solo