Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
1,247 results
All reviewscupcakesunion streetcup cakesglass rooffresh milkcentral stationground coffeecaledonian chambersoffice buildingceiling fanhome made ice creamsky boxarran aromaticssitting roomstation rooflittle touchestop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Prior to a trip to Glasgow for the first time, I spent a number of hours doing research on hotel possibilities. The name Grasshoppers kept poping up with good reviews from a number of sites. So, off went the first email about date availability. Within 30 minutes, with a six hour time zone difference, I had a response from a real person. Over a period of several months and trying to get a feel for Glasgow, I'd send another email abou locations, places, you name it. Always, an instant response from whomever was on duty at the time 24/7.
My wife and I absolutely agree with all of the raves about Grasshoppers. Its clean, its comfortable, great decor that will surprise you when you step off the elevator to the sixth floor location. Completely enchanting.
But the biggest key to why this place is unique is the people involved. This is not a cookie cutter staff following a manual and prepared script. They are real people who sincerely care about the customers and their needs. All of the young ladies who rotate on manning the reception desk are fabulous. Then there is Sean, the on-site general manager, his wife Joanne who cooks a really good breakfast and then Margo who creates truly exceptional evening meals from a tiny kitchen. And I mean from Starters to Mains to Desert each meal is a jewel.
Everything works flawlessly about Grasshoppers but the attitude of people really caring about the customer's experience is beyond belief. We had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with Barrie who created and owns this gem. His hospitality to everyone reflects a commitment that is almost unheard of in today's world and the whole staff mirrors his focus.

LK & SK
Texas

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RLK902
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Grasshoppers is a very comfortable and conveniently located hotel. We were warmly welcomed and made comfortable throughout our stay, returning at the conclusion of our trip. Our rooms were attractive, bed comfortable, and bathroom of a decent size. The dining room served a delicious breakfast and we were tempted to eat dinner there because it smelled so good cooking. We highly recommend this as a very good location right next to the train station.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the larger rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

The day I arrived in Glasgow, it was bitterly cold, but the Grasshopper was the warmest welcome I could have wished for. I was unsure at first, it doesn't look like much from the outside (it's only on the 6th floor of the building), but it's one of the nicest hotels I've ever had the privilege of staying at. It is convenient to everything, train stations, shopping (bookstores and Debenhams are right around the corner) and great food.
The rooms (all 3, I kept coming back) were not huge, but extremely comfortable. Good mattresses and bedding, everything was extremely clean, and it was warm. The rooms were quiet and secure and the staff were exceptional.

I cannot say enough about how amazing the staff was. I asked if I could have some milk for my tea, they delivered it to my room with cupcakes, slices of cake or cookies.
I asked if they knew where I could find a laundrette, and they washed everything for me (for an extremely reasonable fee)
They stored our large luggage for several days while we travelled to various cities in Scotland, and it's a small thing, but the TV selection was great. It was nice to come back at the end of a long day and just watch a Disney movie.

The breakfast was one of the best meals I had in all of the UK. Plentiful, fresh, good variety and tasty. I wish I had the opportunity to try one of the dinners, because they sounded delicious. If I could change anything, I would just add a fan to the bathroom.

I would not stay in another hotel in Glasgow. This was fantastic!

Room Tip: All rooms were great!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had a really nice stay at this hotel and it was through tripadvisor that we decided to book. The hotel itself was in a very central location, it was spotlessly clean and very modern. Our room was large with a great bathroom suite. The bed was comfortable and sky tv was ideal. The only gripe we had was the noise from the street. We were on the Union st side of the building and despite being six floors up the noise, mostly from clubbers was excessive. It was likely due to the fantastic big sash windows being single glazed and it was a Saturday night. One of the best things about the hotel was the staff, they are a credit to the hotel and could not have been nicer. Nice touches like cup cakes and fresh coffee in your rooms do make a difference. All in all a very nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Grasshoppersglasgow, Manager at Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Michael and Janice, thanks for taking time to write a review and I'm glad it's mostly positive. Some nights in any city centre can be noisy and we have noted comments from some guests who have had similar a experience. With this in mind we are in the process of planning to have acoustic glass installed on the Union Street side of the hotel to negate any noise issues. I hope you do return to stay with us and if you do please call me directly to discuss your booking with me.

Sean
Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I cannot speak highly enough of the wonderful service at this hotel. The night we arrived, my son developed a terrible toothache. We had no medicine with us, and the local pharmacies were closed, but the woman at the front desk dug into her purse and gave us some of her own ibuprofen ... then she put us in touch with an emergency nurse at the local dental hospital who got us an early-morning appointment with a dentist ... and then, seeing how stressed I was, she offered me a complimentary glass of wine from the pantry.
As others have noted, there are not a lot of frills at Grasshoppers, but the rooms are spotlessly clean and attractive, with top-quality bed linens. The breakfasts and snacks are outstanding.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family