Grasshoppers Hotel Glasgow
$98
$92
$76
  • Breakfast included
Park Inn by Radisson(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$100
Travelocity
$102
$84
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Glasgow Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$80
$74
$65
$46
$169
$165
1,247 results
All reviewscupcakesunion streetcup cakesglass rooffresh milkcentral stationground coffeecaledonian chambersoffice buildingceiling fanhome made ice creamsky boxarran aromaticssitting roomstation rooflittle touchestop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We have just returned from a 1 night stay we booked through itson and will definitely be staying again. I couldn't recommend this place more!
We visit Glasgow often and have never noticed this hotel before......what a hidden gem!

Spotlessly clean, huge power showers, white fluffy fresh bath towels, pure white crisp fresh cotton bedding, feather quilts, great choice of lighting in room, hairdryer, hair straighteners, power adapters, reading glasses, wifi connection in all rooms, sky HD (movies, sports etc) huge widescreen t.v.
Our room had a view of the station glass roof that glowed with the assortment of colours, although it is above the station we heard NO noise. I am a very light sleeper but slept like a baby while here. The breakfast had so many items to chose from including different types of freshly baked bread. The kitchen staff/waitresses always made you aware of what was on offer and assisted you with any choices, they are so friendly and had a little chat with all diners.

The staff are absolutley fantastic,Cathleen was a perfect host so bubbly and a pleasure to meet and the kitchen staff VERY attentive,they made sure EVERY guest was treated like royalty! we were given a great tour on arrival with fresh cakes, tea and fresh coffee, milk and choice of still and fizzy water in rooms along with MORE chocolate!........ All items in shower room & toilet are Arran Aromatics. The attention to detail in this hotel is 100%
I have recommended this to so many people since our return and having stayed in Glasgow many times a year I now wouldn't stay anywhere else....... What a find!!

I would like to congratulate the owners/staff for having such a well run establishment and wish them all the very best for the future........this is what ALL Scottish hotels should be like!
(The Millers)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This hotel next to Central Station (entrance at Caledonia Chambers) is an absolute delight; 5 stars for decor, ambience and attention to detail. The staff in this family run hotel were genuinely lovely people; very welcoming, we were served a delicious hot mince pie on arrival, delicious! We had a brilliant breakfast with a wonderful range of top quality food items. Beautiful bedrooms (we got to have a sneak peak inside other rooms) In room; superb, comfortable beds; fresh ground coffee; refillable from reception, fresh milk supplied, Sky HD (free) and free Wi-fi. The attention to detail in this hotel is second to none, which is obviously down to the pride the family take in the running of their hotel; and well deserved pride! This hotel puts 5* hotels and other so-called 'boutique' hotels to shame!
We will definitely return when in Glasgow again; we got an amazing deal with Itison, but I would not hesitate to pay full price to return again, well worth it! Thank-you Grasshoppers.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Weechris
Reviewed December 20, 2011

It is very rare that I bother to write a review about a hotel but I have made a special effort to write about the Grasshoppers. It was my second stay at the hotel and I must say that on each occasion, my colleagues and I have been delighted with the standard of accommodation, the breakfast (muesli, yoghurt, eggs, bacon, sausages etc) and the warm Scottish hospitality we received. The hotel is on the 6th floor but is a haven from the hustle and bustle of the busy street outside. The bedrooms are clean, modern and the sky TV is a bonus. The beds are very comfortable with luxurious sheets and down duvets.The rate we paid (£85) a night was a bargain particularly for a Londoner used to paying through the roof for sub standard postage stamp accommodation. The owner of the Grasshoppers hotel Barry was there for both of our stays and is a fabulous host. On one evening, when my colleague and I were having dinner in the Kitchen - he engaged the whole room in conversation...when does that happen?! Before we arrived, we were asked if we wanted to sample their new dinner menu and were not disappointed! If you don't want to eat out, I would thoroughly recommend you sample Margot's hearty Scottish fare. Margot doesn't cook on Sundays but she came in especially to cook for my 5 colleagues - 3 of whom were Saudi Arabians. She even prepared an Arabian lentil soup - what service! Don't bother with the chains - stay here for warm, personalised service in the heart of the city.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank oneanne
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Stayed here on a Saturday night. Room comfortable and clean, modern large bathroom with nice toiletries. Had to sleep with window open as very hot - but even with window open we were not troubled with noise. Friendly and attentive staff. Will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Had a great visit to Grasshoppers Hotel today - rooms are just gorgeous (very like a very cool London hotel I also like!). Great service, love the relaxed suppers and inviting atmosphere.

Room Tip: all different - ask for a station view - amazing!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business