Kelvingrove Hotel
$115
$113
$93
  • Restaurant
The Z Hotel Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$47
$49
$102
$84
  • Restaurant
Apex City of Glasgow Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$80
$74
  • Restaurant
The Belhaven Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
$62
Travelocity
  • Room Service
$78
PremierInn.com
All reviewswest endcity centreglasgow universityfamily roomminute walkrestaurants and pubsdouble roomwithin easy walking distancesse hydrocooked breakfaststayed here for two nightsone night stayan overnight staycomfy bediainreceptionistscotland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This is a great little hotel. It's in a great location especially if you are going to the Hydro or SECC. There's loads of pubs, restaurants, and takeaways in the area so you have many different choices. The room is very comfortable and clean. Nice bathroom. The only thing bad about the room was that when water was running in the bathroom (sink and shower) there was a very loud noise that wouldn't stop until the water was turned off. Other than that there is absolutely nothing bad to say about this place. The staff was amazing. The nicest staff I have ever experienced in a hotel. They were very friendly and extremely helpful. This is definitely the place to stay if you ever find yourself in Glasgow!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My parnter and I stayed at the Kelvingrove Hotel on the 7/3/2014 and left the 8/3/2014.
When we first walked in we were greeted by a wonderful receptionist who presented us with our room key and front door key. He was also extremely helpful with directions to the Hydro which was our reason for visiting Glasgow as we explained to him that we intended to go see Jack Whitehall's comedy night. When we got to our room we thought it was very clean looking and just what we needed for a nice time. The only small problems we noticed are that when you run the water in the bathroom whether it's taking a shower or just washing your hands the pipes are quite loud and start rumbling for a good minute which of course is a bit unpleasant but this didn't bother us too much. The second problem was the pillows we had received, they were rather uncomfortable due to them being out of shape and seemed like they had been slept on a lot. The television is also at an awkward angle as it is in the corner of the room and is quite small so it'd really suit being in the middle of the wall above the desk provided.The Kelvingrove is a fantastic establishment and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay minus the few little things I noted above.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed here in Winter 2012 for a night out in Glasgow. The hotel is in an excellent location for the city centre and the west end of Glasgow. The hotel was very clean. More basic convenience rather than expensive luxury. The hotel is very accessible by transport, and is located very close to Kelvingrove Museum and also Kelvingrove park. Glasgow university is located nearby, and there is many restaurants and bars. The famous Ashton Lane is close with many excellent bars and restaurants, with good quality food however very expensive. I recommend a visit to Brel on Ashton Lane which serves up delicious cuisine from Belgium and an array of beers and ciders.

Excellent location for a night out in Glasgow. Very cheap!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Although travelling solo, I was booked into a triple room which meant avoiding the usual cramped accommodation normally allocated to single travellers. The room was very nice and had everything you would expect in a three star hotel. I did not have breakfast so cannot comment on the quality in the restaurant. As far as parking is concerned, I was able to park directly outside the hotel on Sauchiehall St with the purchase of a voucher for £2 from the hotel. That covered Friday afternoon and parking was free on the street for the rest of the weekend. The hotel is a bit out of the centre but only took me 20 mins to walk all the way to Buchanan St Station. I would also recommend a stroll along Argyll St. for a very decent selection of restaurants and pubs.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front may be affected by late night passers by and traffic noise. Rooms at back of hotel would be quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Having previously stayed at The Kelvingrove Hotel when it had been a family run business, I hadn't realised that it had changed ownership since my last visit. Visiting the Jack Vettriano exhibition at the Kelvingrove Museum, I knew that the hotel's location was excellent. We were allocated room 21 and felt that the bed linen looked a little 'tired' compared to the previous pristine white bed linen from my previous stay. The top was also missing from the tap in the bathroom sink and my friend noted that it took a long time before the hot water came through. My friend's bed - nearest the window, was also incredibly squeaky and the tv reception was quite weak and kept breaking down into 'squares'. Nevertheless, the customer care was excellent combined with a delicious breakfast so on balance, a nice stay and good value for money. George ... Many thanks for your wonderful customer care. You are the star of the Kelvingrove!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends