“Eleven out of Ten”

Bath Street Palomino
Ranked #694 of 2,520 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Bath Street Palomino is a Smokehouse Bar and Restaurant on the bustling city centre Bath Street Circuit. Food is best described as Bar-be-Cue with the restaurants cooking ethos being 'Low n Slow'. All meat products are prepared in state of the art American Smoker ovens. The pre-theatre menu offers two courses for £13.95 and an express lunch can be had from just £5. The menu features dishes like the legendary Smoke Plate platter, boasting a selection of smoked meats such as pulled pork, brisket, wings and kansas ribs. Also on offer are an appealing range of artisan pizzas, steaks and gourmet burgers. The serious, well-stocked bar offers a large selection of local and international craft beers, plus a huge selection of hard-to-find spirits. One of Glasgow's best city centre function rooms is available to hire for up to 120 people 7 days a week.
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I visited this weekend with my, wife for the first time, we went in without booking hoping to get a table, but were told they were fully booked. They said they would try and fit us in if we gave them the table back in 75 minutes, we agreed and were delighted, my wife had the sea bass which was delicious, and I had the best seafood platter you could wish for,it was plentiful and tasted fresh and gorgeous.
When we finished we had a few cocktails at the bar, staff are very attentive and courteous, nothing is a problem for them, I heard some people asking for items not on menus but staffed sorted out what they needed without any problems.
The place was very busy, so I would recommend booking, as I will do next time.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Visited here at the weekend with a group of friends. It was empty….totally. Even so service was far from stellar initially. They redeemed themselves when some of the party suddenly required chips - excellent quick service from the kitchen. The food was good - some starter portions were very small for the price but the mains were fine. The house wine was well priced and of good quality. would we return….. no, too expensive for me for what I got. if I pay that much I expect larger starter portions and the ladies with the sea bass ought to not to have required the emergency chips to fill their plates…..

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Had a lazy Sunday lunch with my partner and we both thoroughly enjoyed the food - absolutely delicious and way better than we had anticipated. The service was also first-class.

Cannot wait to return.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

a really nice and informal bar serving great beers, snacks and dinners. has all the fixtures and fittings of a 'snobby' style bar but without the stuffy atmosphere and attitude that other bars of this calibre have in Glasgow - only thing is, when will it stop changing its name!!! This is the 3rd incarnation I can remember!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

While the company was great, the 1-hour wait was not worth it. I had mushroom risotto which turned out to be regular rice with slimy mushrooms dotted about. Unfortunately the smiling and friendly service but couldn't make up for what was below average food.

1  Thank Fiona M