“Good atmosphere and music, open late, but could be better.”

Slouch Bar Kitchen & Venue
Ranked #196 of 2,428 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Slouch Bar, Kitchen & Venue was established in 2010 and has fast become one of Glasgows most popular spots for food. With an emphasis on friendly service and a warm atmosphere coupled with fantastic home made & creative dishes we can cater for all ages and sizes of groups.Give us a call if you have any requirements and we will do our best to accommodate.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good atmosphere and music, open late, but could be better.”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

It's a better bar than most around the area, but could and should be better.

Its similarly priced to surrounding bars, with half priced cocktails during the week. (Sun-Tues I think)

The staff could be a little friendlier I'd say. With the exception of one of two, the rest barely crack a smile, and sometimes act as though they are going out their way just by serving you, regardless of how friendly you are to them. Had food a few times and its ranged from really good to completely tasteless (the veggie burger for one).

It could just as easily become a 5-star review, as it could a 3-star to be honest.

Good fun though.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Moray
“Don't judge a book by its cover!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My first impression from outside of the building was "oh dear wish we hadn't booked it". How wrong. Great atmosphere, very efficient friendly staff. Meal was excellent. It's a pity we had a show to go to or we would happily have spent the evening there. Place is very clean and tidy and I would recommend to friends and family.

• Visited November 2012
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank Waldo007
“The epicentre of Glasgows personality, good food, music and bar staff.”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had the Sweet Child of Swine burger, excellent patty topped with a delicious succulent serving of BBQ pulled pork which melts in the mouth, along with the side of tasty large fries an excellent meal with value for money!

2 Thank MartyRennie
norway
“Amazing place”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have been to Slouch to many times to count. I dream of their peppercorn sauce frequently, it's the best I've ever tasted. It's a very good price for what you get. Drinks are avarage in price for Glasgow. Welcoming staff. The scene is very cozy and warm. Slouch also has live music on occasion, and the music in general is really good. I love the place! I wish they would franchise one to Oslo, I miss it soooo much!!!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank student_north
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Superb place, in every way!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Booked Slouch for a meal with my girlfriend during a weekend break. Booked through 5pm.co.uk and received complimentary drinks - great start! The service was excellent and the staf friendly and helpful. Food continued the trend and was excellent. Didn't really expect the food to be great seeing as Slouch seemed to be bar/music driven but was pleasantly surprised. After a great meal we retired to the bar and sampled many of the varied selection of wines, lagers and spirits while enjoying a laid back atmosphere. Music was top notch as well which always helps. All in all a great place and I'll be returning as soon as!

2 Thank Wafflesniffer