“Tasteless and soggy!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Scotland
“Tasteless and soggy!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've never eaten here and to be honest try to avoid 'chain' style anything, but whilst shopping in Silverburn, my husband and I decided to give this place a try. We were greeted by a very patronising guy who spoke to us like we were in primary school - pointing everything out whilst holding the menu in front of him. I knew it was going downhill when we were told to pay first and take a number for the table!! I ordered a lamb burger with redcurrant & ginger relish. It was tasteless and had never seen any ginger. It was also served in a really cheap burger bun which had gone soggy and totally fell apart. My husband had a beef burger with bacon & cheese which faired better, but again in a cheap bun. The side of 'chargrilled' veg was more like raw veg on a skewer with burnt ends!! The cajun fries were the only thing that actually tasted OK Neither of us were impressed either with the food or the price. I've had much tastier in McDonalds! I left quite a bit of mine and the young guy who took it away asked if I enjoyed it. I advised not particularly and wouldn't rush back. A few minutes later, the patronising guy appeared, who was apparently the manager and offered to buy us drinks the next time we were there. Thanks but No Thanks!! There won't be a next time!

Motherwell
“Silverburn - Handmade Burger”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Visited on 18 June. This really is an excellent establishment. Very friendly service. I had the Caribbean burger and my wife had Jimmy's Cheese Burger. We also had a side order of onion rings (1 side order was more than enough for 2 people). The difference in taste between these burgers and the "mainstream" establishments is obvious - worth paying the little extra.
Will certainly return.

Paisley, United Kingdom
“Handmade Burger - Silverburn.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great choices on an easy to read menu, easy to order, bottomless drinks and the most excellent chips, which are like REAL homemade ones. What more could you need?

Then the burger comes. O.M.G!!! This was to die for. I had a smokey barbecue beef, topped with the most massive mushroom ever and it was all so tasty. The dips, which were recommended to me by the lovely young lady with the red hair at the till were also excellent and they finished off the mix just nicely.
The service was excellent, the staff were all so friendly and very attentive, without being OTT. The setting by the fountain was also very nice.
I shall definitely be returning here again. :-)

• Visited June 2013
“First time definitely go again”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Burgers were great, a little pricey ad you need to order sides separately but worth money.staff were all very friendly and helpful

“Horrible waiter server”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Regular on this restaurant,always happy with quality of the food.Very tasty burger and fries!!My last visit to Braehead encounter with the most cheeky and unprofesional waiter ever,no only overcharged my bill including twice the drink for the kid menu but twice try to clean my table when we still eating the food!!!She also try to ignore my student card when alway is been used and accepted in this chain...just lack or training or simple rudeness.Best place to enjoy with family and friends a burger!!!Great Cheff and rest of the staff were lovely...specially the spanish manager!!!Avoid the small,brunnette woman waiter.