“Not very impressed”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Not very impressed”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I just wasn't too impressed at all i dont know if its just a matter of personal taste but i thought my burger was disgusting i had bacon and cheese on mine i just didnt like it the bun was a bit hard everything else was just greasy not enjoyable at all:-( i had a glass of rose wine that was nice the staff were also nice but thats it im afraid

• Visited April 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nice wee touch”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here on Thursday after a successful shop. Food was lovely haggis burger a real treat chips were fresh and the coleslaw was fresh and crunchy.
Exceptional service served with our coffee and a treat! Thanku for this made both our days.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“I wonder what does handmade means???”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife fancied a hamburger and you would think that a 'handmade' hamburger would be a cut above the rest of the multiples so we went..... and it wasn't.

After placing and paying for our order the food arrived within minutes which suggested that all had been cooked sometime earlier so, did I confuse handmade with fresh and gourmet? Yes I did.

Burger wasn't hot hot so it must have been lying around for a while before I ordered. Onion rings were soggy and certainly had not recently come out of a pan and the chips were just OK and the beer was pleasantly cold..

All was served with a smile and so you didn't quite realise that you had just been stitched up into thinking that the main event was handmade.

We had a 2 for 1 voucher otherwise I might have been more upset. Can't see me rushing back. Next time my wife fancies a hamburger I will point her in the direction of McDonalds!!

“Gorgeous”
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is lovely. Really tasty food. You get police and nhs discount 20% (take some form of ID) been here twice now. Wont be the last time. Onions rings are lovely.

glasgow
“poor, poor, poor.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Went to the Handmade burger company at Silverburn today at 2pm. Took my wee mother. Looked at all the reviews on trip advisor and was really loking forward to an excellent burger and nice lunch experience.
This did not happen.

Arrived at the burger company and had to wait 5mins to be seated, not a problem as I always think if a place is busy then its doing something correct.

Saw food coming out to tables, big good looking burgers, onion rings and bowls of chips. Great I thought.

Price was not an issue and quite happy to pay a bit more for really good burger.

We ordered two cheese and bacon bbg burgers, a portion of peri peri chips and a portion of onion rings. Came to around £28. You can refill your drinks as many times as you like. Excellent I thought.

After about 15mins our food came out. My first problem was that the bun on the burger had not been toasted, which it be honest, I consider really important, it left the burger feeling like a big cold bread roll sandwich. Next the bacon on the burger was cold so the whole thing was not that good. The actual burger meat was nice but the whole thing was let down and failed to impress just due to it being cold and not toasted. The roll was not up to much.

The peri peri chips where sent back, I thought peri peri was a sauce, these came out covered in what I would describe to be more like po pouri. Sent these back and got out money back.

The onion rings where also a bit cold and soggy.

This place has the potential to be really good but it needs to look at its qualtiy and standards a bit better. Its so easy to miss the mark just a little bit and turn a good lunch into a bad one.

I spoke with one of their senior staff members and pointed out how we felt, not in a nasty way but with the hope that they will address these issues and improve what could have been an excellent lunch venue.

In summary, £28 down the drain, so its a big mac next time.