“Best Hotel in Glasgow”

Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Richland, MI. USA
“Best Hotel in Glasgow”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just returned from taking a garden Group through Scotland. This was our first hotel and we could not have had a more wonderful start to our tour. The staff were wonderful, especially Colm and Kerry. The hotel bent over backwards to make sure our stay was perfect. We had dinner in the restaurant and the hotel let our group pre-order before we arrived, had a special area set aside and the service was very professional. I read previous reviews regarding the restaurant for groups and quite frankly we did not have this experience. Quite the opposite - The reception went out of their way to show everyone what to see and do, the rooms were lovely, modern and spotless. This is also a business hotel, so the hotel makes sure that there are very few groups so as not to encroach on the business traveler. This makes a lovely combination. I could not be happier and will be brining another garden group to Hotel Indigo next year. The hotel is right in the centre of Glasgow yet it's just far enough from the night life of Gordon Street etc

Room Tip: Every room is wonderful -
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Denis M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your great review of Hotel Indigo. We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay so much and we really appreciate your recommendation. We hope that we can welcome the Master Gardeners of Illinois back to Hotel Indigo on your return to Scotland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend and was very impressed with the high standards and level of service. Little things like the complimentary mini bar and cheese plates really made the hotel stand out. Great large rooms with a very modern design. Will definitely be returning!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your great review of Hotel Indigo. We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay so much and we really appreciate your recommendation. We hope that we can welcome you back to Hotel Indigo in the near future.
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed for two separate nights with a group booking. Reception staff and room great but a big let down was the slow service at meal times and lack of choice which made it seem that we did not really matter as a group. It was not until we requested to speak to the duty manager that the very poor service suddenly improved. To the credit of the manager he returned to our tables, apologised and gave an explanation as to why the service had not been up to the standard expected.

Room Tip: As far as I could tell all rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Roy593
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Hotel Indigo.Please accept my apologies for the slow service you encountered at dinner, thaty should not have happened. That the duty manager recovered the situation is good to read.

I would like to clarify the point regarding the menu selection for your group. This is a contracual arrangement between your tour operator anfd the hotel, to provide a set menu for dinner. We will always work with our customers to provide what they require and always aim to meet their expectation.

Thanks again for your feedback it is much apreciated
Dereham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here one night either end of an organised tour. Everything really good. Allowed us to leave luggage securely before check in, rooms clean and nicely decorated, but let down by restaurant. I am convinced this was because we were part of a group. There was no menu choice. When I asked for an alternative I was offered risotto, another member of my group, salmon. The service was very slow and after waiting 20 mins for coffee we were basically told that we had been put " on hold" as they were busy! I feel it should not be too difficult to give people a menu choice when they book in, and allow them to make a selection before dinner. I believe I was not the only person to feel very much like a second class citizen.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review of Hotel indigo we are always very grateful for all the feedback we receive.please accept my apologies for any delay in the service of coffee on the evening you dined with us.

I do need to clarify one point, the set dinner menu for your group is a contractual arrangement between your tour operator and the hotel. We will provide menus to fit the requirements of all our guests and accommodate to their stipulation. I do of course apologise for any delay in the service of coffee on the evening.

Many thanks, again, for your feedback
Kirkcaldy
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here on Sunday 2nd June. Hotel and the rooms were spotless and the rooms were luxurious and comfortable. The reason for submitting this review is to praise the reception staff, Kerry and Colm. I stay at hotels all week with business but the attitude and friendliness of Kerry and Colm certainly deserve recognition. I have stayed in Glasgow on a few occasions for leisure weekends at some good hotel, but Hotel Indigo will be my first choice for any future breaks. Great hotel, central location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your great review of Hotel Indigo. We are delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay so much and we really appreciate your recommendation. Kerry and COlm were also delighted that you found them to be so friendly. We hope that we can welcome you back to Hotel Indigo in the near future.
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed this weekend as we were going to a concert. Beautiful hotel with original features but a modern twist. Room, though not large was clean and comfortable with queen size bed, rain shower (wanted to take it home!!!), and complimentary mini bar and HD TV channels. Beautifully decorated from the room to the public areas. Staff seem so cheerful and happy to be working there, would definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

It had been a particularly long day by the time I arrived at the hotel and the fast and friendly service at reception boded well for the rest of my stay.

I was on the 5th floor in a very modern, spacious room. The bed was huge and the bathroom luxurious with soft fluffy towels and a rain fall shower big enough for two.

The desk and free WIFI also meant I could finish off some work easily before heading down for dinner. I wasn't sure what to expect as the food reviews on tripadvisor weren't too good but I was very pleasantly surprised.

I opted for the calamari starter which was good - not too much costing on the squid, nicely seasoned with just enough pepper and chilli to make your mouth tingle and plenty of garlic mayo. For my main I opted for the sea bass which was particularly good. Soft flesh, crispy skin on shallots and potato in a rich buttery sauce. All washed down by a couple of glasses of good Sauvignon blanc.
I had intended to only have the two courses but as the food was so good went for a dessert to finish off. The duo of puddings I chose was the raspberry delice and the warm chocolate. Both were served in small pots, the raspberry was ok, but the warm chocolate was divine. I would certainly at here again.

The room was quiet and I slept well and check out was speedy the following morning with the nice man behind the desk ordering me a taxi and then carrying my bag to the taxi for me.

I have no hesitation in recommending Hotel Indigo and it will be my hotel of choice when I next visit Glasgow.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business