“Excellent smaller boutique hotel, brilliant staff and food”

Hotel Indigo Glasgow
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Excellent hotel, best I've stayed in during my time so far in Glasgow.
Quiet, smaller hotel with great stylish rooms in a fairly nice location. Really excellent food and good value for the set menu.
Small gym but adequate and never too busy.
Good wifi signal (4th floor) but a little slow at peak times would be my only issue.
Already booked again and looking forward to many more stays.

Room Tip: 4th floor was excellent for being quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Rob P
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding both the hotel and facilities. Your comments are very much appreciated and I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Room was lovely and spotless, big comfy bed and lovely shower. Only thing that annoyed me was the WiFi in the room. At checking in, I was not told about a password that was needed. I could not connect to the WiFi, so was told to go to reception and get a password that is needed. After getting this, could still not connect in the room. Called down and after asking if WiFi is available in the bedroom (worked fine in corridor), was told that 'WiFi is tempermental. If you have a laptop you can come back down and get a cable that will connect you'. I was staying here for business, and wanted to connect on my iPad. Very annoying as was expecting WiFi as advertised. Would not have mattered if I was not staying for business, but I was there for work reasons and needed connect. Apart from that, as I said the room was lovely and clean and had everything you needed. I would stay again for a work trip if the room had WiFi, and not told 'it's tempermental'. I was there for 4 days, it just didnt work in the room.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank riri2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hotel Indigo Glasgow and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.

I do understand your frustration regards being able to access the Wi Fi connection within your bedroom. We are working closely with our service provider to try and ascertain what is causing the connection issue and pleased be assured that we are addressing this issue as a matter of urgency.

Our aim is to provide an outstanding experience and I am sorry that we were not able to achieve this on your visit.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I had extremely high hopes as a result of previous reviews and a previous stay at the Hotel Indigo in Liverpool. Room was nice enough and comfortable but we had absolutely no Internet connection in our room for the whole duration stay (3 days) which is a tad annoying in this day and age! (Ok so it isn't the be all and end all and it makes you realise what a slave we all are to our mobile devices and our expectation of Internet access wherever we are.) When I reported it on the first day, I was told by the receptionist that she had a connection downstairs (how was that going to help me when I was on the fifth floor?) and that there was nothing she could do about it. I then found out, on checking out a couple of days later, that this was a known problem. Come on guys, get it sorted! Also, I know this probably sounds really petty and tight but in the minibar in the Hotel Indigo in Liverpoool, I seem to remember we got complementary beer - not so in Glasgow although we did get a selection of other complementary items. On the whole, we had a nice enough stay, the hotel was in a good location and compared to other hotels it was very reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

As a team we are aware of the issues we are currently experience with our Wi FI service and working closely with our service provider to try and understand what is causing the on-going issue. Please be assured that we are addressing this issue as a matter of urgency and do understand our guests frustration at not be able to access a good Wi Fi connection through a hand held device.

I am pleased to hear that you have also visited the Hotel Indigo Liverpool and hope on your next return to the city you make Indigo your first choice.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Second review and third stay booked.

An excellent hotel. Special thanks to Clara on reception for unravelling a booking problem; her efforts were well above the call of duty and appreciated. Delivers on service all round and the staff are a credit to the hotel.

This is a great addition to Glasgow and looking forward to my next stay there!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jcolesw2

Thank you for your very kind comments about the hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. It was a pleasure to read your review and I'm delighted that you found the hotel and staff exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and I'm glad that you will now make the Hotel Indigo your first choice for your next visit to Glasgow.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Absolutely cracking hotel in every way.
Rooms are über-modern, very comfortable and more than functional. Staff are all gems from efficient, friendly first faces of Cher and Bonnie on reception, to lovely Louise in the restaurant and charming, chatty Teodor behind the bar, to name a few.
If you're staying on a Friday or Saturday night you might want to ensure that you're staying on an upper floor as there is a pub opposite and the clientele regularly stand outside chatting and smoking quite loudly. That said, I am sure that the wonderful reception staff will allocate accordingly, if at all possible.

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank Glooshoo

Thank you so much for your positive comments & for taking the time to share your thoughts about the hotel after your recent stay with us.

I will pass you comments on to the team and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Just returned from a last minute deal at Hotel Indigo.This was our first visit to the hotel and first impressions as we walked through the door were what a beautiful hotel. We checked in and were given our key cards. We opened the door to our room and were very impressed. I unpacked my case as my husband went to check out the bathroom only to find the toilet full of brown water and toilet paper, he flushed a couple of times and when the water cleared the 'blockage' was clearly visible. I contacted reception and a member of housekeeping came to the room and flushed again and decided to go and get a bucket of water to try and shift the 'blockage' but to no avail. I then contacted reception and said that no one should arrive at a four star hotel to be presented with a scene like that and was told we would be moved. We packed up and went to the other room to find a birthday card and chocolate for Mr McLaughlan (our name is Morrison and we were not celebrating a birthday) Not sure if Mr McLaughlan was due to arrive at the room or if it had been left from previous guests.
We are still waiting on an apology about the toilet and find it disgusting that it had not been cleaned from previous guests leaving and us arriving.
Sorry Indigo such a shame as lovely hotel but has definately put us off returning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WendyMWestLothian

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the manner in which you found your room and the follow up from our team.

Our believe that our General Manager has been in contact with you regards this issue that you have highlighted.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel and restore your confidence in our genuine welcome.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

Excellent location if you're arriving by train at Central station (especially if it's late at night!) - just a few minutes walk straight along Waterloo Street. Very friendly staff on reception, and for the price I paid (£49 a night for two people) excellent value. Indigo is Intercontinental's 'boutique' brand, so a bit above Holiday Inn standards if you're familiar with them. The free minibar doesn't have much in it (the alcoholic drinks mentioned in one of the other reviews is only in the premium price rooms) but as a Platinum Priority Club member (do join the scheme, it's free!) I was given complimentary vouchers for the 'cocktail of the week' and found the bar staff very friendly too. Rooms are not big but are very comfortable and the selection of TV channels on large screen TV good. Good walk in shower and well appointed bathroom features and toiletries. All in all very comfortable. I can't comment on breakfast (or dinner) as I didn't eat in the hotel - it wasn't included in the room rates and therefore tends to be expensive (around £15 per person for full cooked breakfast I think, which adds £30 to the room rate!).

Room Tip: Probably best to have a room away from the main street, although I don't really know if this wou...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MikeWReading
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Good to hear you enjoyed your short break with us and thanks for taking the time to post your comments and review of the hotel. I was pleased that you found the hotel and the service to meet with your expectations and do hope that when you are planning your next short break you keep us in mind.