“Fabulous hotel”

Hotel Indigo Glasgow
Ranked #15 of 93 Hotels in Glasgow
Reviewed February 4, 2012

A modern hotel in easy walking distance to restaurants and shops. 5 minute walk from Glasgow Central Railway Station. Our room was modern and spotless and the freebies just polished off a great stay. Highly recommended !!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Perception
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Revenue Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,369)

Reviewed February 2, 2012

Beautiful rooms bathroom fantastic also. Spent one night for xmas shopping. Would defo return a real treat. Food at Limelight also fab

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tracey G

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hotel Indigo Glasgow.

It is always a pleasure to hear how our guests enjoyed their visit and we do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

The interior of the hotel is lovely, the rooms are well decorated, nicely appointed and included a complimentarty alcohol free minibar which is a nice touch!
The bathroom was nice, not overly large but well laid out and the room was spotless.
Once major problem for all of us staying (we had 3 rooms) was trying to get the room temperature right, when I arrived my room was like an icebox - I adjusted the aircon to warm the room up and went out for dinner after mentioning the problem to the receptionist who said they would look into it. Got back around 3 hours later, room was still freezing, complained again, nothing happened so I just went to bed (about 11pm.) Around 4pm the heating kicked in and turned the room into a sauna... and wouldn't shut off. All in all a terrible nights sleep.
I ordered breakfast to the room - it was a dreadful, Cold, congealed mess of a thing. My colleagues who were also staying had breakfast in the room too and they said thiers was the same, completely inedible.
However, if these things get fixed this place really could be great!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank lw0u21db

Thank you for your constructive feedback, along with my most sincere apologies that we failed to meet your expectations during your recent stay with us.

I have addressed the issues you have raised with both our maintenance team and our operations team here at the hotel. Our in room heating system should be easily controlled using the control panel located in the bedroom but I am sorry to learn of the inconvenience this caused during your visit and the delayed response from the hotel team.

Once again thank you for your feedback, through which we can continue to review and improve our standards of quality and service for future guests staying with us at Hotel Indigo Glasgow.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

This was a better class of hotel than I usually choose when travelling on business, but I wanted a central location as I was arriving late in the day and wanted to be able to get to my hotel quickly.

The place itself is pretty classy - art on the walls, chic decor etc. - but there were some inconveniences that marred the experience for me.

Firstly, the internet connection was really bad. I'd planned to do some work when I arrived but kept getting thrown off the connection, which was frustrating. I also had a terrible night's sleep: for the life of me I couldn't shut the noisy aircon in the room off, and the bed was seriously hard. I ended up going to my meeting in the morning not very well prepared thanks to the internet problem, and feeling unrested.

I ate as much as I could at breakfast to make up for the bad night's sleep. The helpful reception staff also made up for the bad sleep, ordering me a taxi and checking me out super quickly.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank bluecastle

Naturally I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy certain aspects of your stay at our hotel.

We endeavour to provide a high and consistent standard at all times and extremely sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that your feedback will be passed onto the relevant teams so that corrective action can be taken.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

We had read the previous reviews on trip advisor and they are not wrong, this hotel is great. We stayed January 2012. The lobby area is nicely decorated; all the art is Scottish themed and really interesting even if you’re not that into art. The staff were constantly helpful. The room was exceptional, the bed was huge and really comfy, all the little details are what made it special. We had one small issue when our air con wouldn't work. I went down to reception and they fixed it straight away, this was the only issue we had and it was rectified straight away. Our breakfast was nice too with fresh tea and a continental breakfast laid out. Our cooked breakfast was cooked to order, even our egg was cooked to our specification. But best of all the cocktails, the bar list is endless with every kind of alcohol you could want and the most amazing cocktails, expensive yes but worth every penny. I would recommend this hotel to anybody and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had the exacutive room which was really nice, good size, but I don't know how it differs from...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ljbruce
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We had a lovely afternoon tea on Saturday at the Glasgow Indigo hotel, all the staff were very friendly but professional, Thanks Liam & Josephine. It was a birthday treat for a friend and the staff arranged candles in the scones!!!
The setting and décor is very modern a lovely change for a city centre hotel. We will definitely be back,
Thanks

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elaine021
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Booked for our wedding anniversary and couldnt have picked a more fabulous hotel. On arrival greeted by reception staff who checked us in and gave us s few useful details; times for breakfast, etc and then gave us directions to our room. Arrived into our very subtle pink room which after reading some other reviews of being bright and unable to sleep - not true at all, decorated with sleep in mind, very subtle. We were greeted to some lovely chocolate on our bed with a happy anniversary note thereon. Due to a minor problem with our room (not even worthwhile mentioning....) we were very quickly moved to a green themed room, again subtle. Unfortunately this room was an accesdible room which resulted in the shower being set at a rather chilly temperature. On phoning reception we were quickly moved to yet another green room, which was, at long last without fault. Staff handled each move without fault and in a courteous manner. Free alcohol free mini bar containing juice, bottled water, pringles, chocolate biscuit and sweets. White Company toiletries were to die for, gorgeous. Breakfast was extensive with pastries, croisssnts, muffins, cereals, fresh fruit, meats, fruit juices, toast, tea, coffee and a full scottish breakfast - gorgeous. Service quickly, food beautiful, piping hot - dont listen to complaints re breakfast, service - untrue, perfect. Exceptionally handy for shopping and if you park in multi storey next door the hotel will give you 50% off voucher on leaving, we parked at 10.30am on saturday and left at 10.00am on sunday and with this voucher it cost us a mere £4. You must stay at The Indigo Hotel, Glasgow - first class. Will definately return xx

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that isnt an adjoining room as you can hear through the adjoining door...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple