“Classy and Sassy”

Ranked #13 of 95 Hotels in Glasgow
Scotland
“Classy and Sassy”
Reviewed May 22, 2011

We booked this hotel last minute as we came to Glasgow for a shopping trip. Entrance to hotel very modern and classy. Warm welcome by Colm. Offered colour of room, we chose pink. Also offered upgradeat a price, but declined. We were not disappointed in the room we had chosen,we loved it. It was big,modern,very chic boutique. Bed very high and large king size,great sleep. Complimentary drinks and nibbles in fridge. Bathrobes and tolietries fantastic. Attention to detail, well done!!! Had drinks in the bar,reasonably priced (even though they did not have Southern Comfort). Free access to internet also. In morning breakfast was great. Had full Scottish breakfast which was freshly cooked. Waitress Zelda was very attentive. Food was fantastic. Kirsty at reception couldn't have been more helpful,she phoned and ordered taxis for us. Car parking right opposite hotel with a 50% discount from hotel. Ideally situated close to shops and bars. Visiting this hotel is a must, highly recommended. Will definately visit again soon

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dirtycows
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Revenue Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
  • Arabic first
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights with special opening tariff from Travelzoo. Hotel only opened 3 weeks ago but what an experience! The quality of equipment in rooms, fixtures, fittings, extras etc. all in the luxury category. Beds best ever in, towels fluffy and large. Package included 3 course dinner on the first night which was high standard, and breakfasts on 3 days. Breakfasts were of good quality and plenty of choice, either continental or traditional Scottish. Disappointment in that there was no porridge - it is Scotland after all!!
Mentioned it to staff who said menu was being looked at for the future. Staff in all departments were of the best and highest standard I have ever encountered. Some minor glitches which were attended to immediately. Hope this standard will be maintained. Will certainly visit again if in Glasgow it's position just 500m from Glasgow Central Station making it easily accessible to travellers. I wish the hotel much success in the future - it certainly deserves to succeed.

1 Thank irenew
Thank you for your kind comments. We are so pleased you have enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Glasgow.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Stayed here last weekend (Room 211). My main reason for staying was to see if it would be a good venue to book rooms for wedding guests in 2 weeks (was planning on booking about 8 rooms for a night). Overall I rate the stay 4/5.

Service: Great. Very friendly staff on arrival.

Location: In the centre of Glasgow with a multistorey car park next door. Didn't realise on street parking probably would have been free on a Saturday evening so do check. Parking prices were 50% off for guests anyway.

Rooms: The room was a bit small (perhaps an illusion as the ceilings are so high!). Beautifully decorated bedroom and bathroom with a monsoon style shower. Room thermostat that actually works (this is the first hotel in which I have had any success with air con/heating!). Minor complaints: 1) Bright neon green light under the sink looked tacky, perhaps just not my taste. 2) The corridors and the room smelt like they had just been decorated. My wifes first comment when we got to the 2nd floor was "wish I brought the Oust!"

Noise: Minimal. Had a great night sleep.

Breakfast: Paid for B&B. Cold selection was somewhat limited. For hot foods it seemed we would have to pay extra (perhaps we misunderstood the staff). A hot buffet style selection would really make a difference.

Price: £150 for the night. I honestly feel this was overpriced. I think around £100-120 would be reasonable.

Overall, despite this being a gorgeous hotel and having such lovely staff, I probably would not recommend this to a friend because: a) The smell, b) The breakfast, c) The price. I have booked the rooms for the wedding elsewhere.

Room Tip: Aim to pay around £100. Get breakfast elsewhere
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shawn906
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I am sorry to learn of the issues you encountered with us during your recent visit.

When staying on a bed and breakfast basis guests have the option of the continental breakfast or Full Scottish breakfast which is cooked to order. My apologies that the restaurant staff did not convey this information to you on your arrival for breakfast.

Our aim is to provide an outstanding experience and I am sorry that we were not able to achieve this on your visit.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed with 2 friends. A small problem with the booking was promptly sorted out by the reception staff. The outstanding thing about this outstanding hotel is the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. Everybody greets you with a smile and does their best to make your stay memorable, and in this endeavour they succeed totally.
The hotel is new and looks impeccable. The food is excellent and the bar/reception area is very tastefully decorated. The position is excellent being in the financial area, which is only a short walk from the main shopping areas. The beds in the executive rooms are huge and very, very comfortable. When we arrived home we were met with a message to say an item of clothing had been found and would be despatched back via the post. It arrived the next day!!!
In short if you want to stay in Glasgow (and you should) this is the ideal choice.
J Donaldson - stay 13-15th May 2011

1 Thank donaldsonj
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, May 18, 2011
Thank you for your very kind comments about the hotel and for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted that you found the hotel, facilities on offer and staff exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.

SCOTLAND
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Stayed here at the weekend and have to say I was very impressed, good central location and still very quiet at night . There is a multi story car park next door which is reasonably priced as you get 50% discount if staying at the hotel, one word of warning though it is not open 24 hours so check if you think you will need access to you car early morning or after 11pm.
Rooms are great , very boutique with great beds, free Internet and mini bar ! Bathrooms have large walk in showers with bathrobes and slippers.
The bar is nice to sit in and some great staff although we did not eat in the hotel any food we saw looked good.
Only two small comments/suggestions,, a luggage rack would be good as nowhere for luggage except the floor and there was a caffetiere but only instant coffee , apart from these minor things I would certainly recommend and gives hotels like Malmaison a run for their money !

1 Thank BUDDIE115
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you have enjoyed our exceptional hotel room facilities and the friendliness of our service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Indigo on your next visit to Glasgow.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Just returned from Hotel Indigo - WOW what can I say! This is beautiful hotel - luxury everywhere, rooms are 6* in my opinion. Very trendy lounge/bar where you can enjoy drinks and relax. The staff cannot do enough to help you from Kirsty on reception, Wayne who kept our drinks topped-up and Linda who made sure we had a good breakfast. The staff really are genuine and friendly.

Just booked a return trip for June 2011 - I was so impressed!!!
Mrs Q - Isle of Man

1 Thank mrsquayle
IndigoGlasgow, Manager at Hotel Indigo Glasgow, responded to this review, May 17, 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and thank you for your kind comments.
Our team at the Indigo always strive to ensure all guests have a trouble free and enjoyable stay – I am always pleased when this is recognised by guests.
I am delighted that you have been able to plan your next trip to Glasgow so soon and you have now made us your first hotel choice in the city.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

tateyheed
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Stayed at this hotel last weekend. The staff were polite, attentive and extremely helpful. We stayed two nights for my wife birthday. When asked why we were in the city, Sonia discreetly placed chocolates in our room for my wife with a card. The food is of a high standard, breakfast too. The rooms are the best we have stayed in, but would have liked a bath. The manager should be proud of her staff and their professionalism. My wife is looking forward to another stay.

Kevin C.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank tateyheed
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you recognised the excellent standards our team maintain and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife to the hotel on your next visit to Glasgow.