“fantastic value”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We have recently been to 1901 a few times since our daughter moved to the area. The choice and price of food is excellent and we would have no hesitation in recommending it to others. It is a local pub and everyone is very friendly. You would never feel out of place going here on your own. Children and dogs are warmly welcomed.

There are newer reviews for 1,901

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We had a voucher to use for 1901. Two pasta meals or burgers and two glasses of wine for £12. We went on a midweek night. Lovely setting and nice ambience. Staff very attentive and extremely friendly
I opted for a chicken burger, which was complete chicken breast with BBQ sauce, onions rings, french fries and salad. My partner had the Elvis burger (£2 supplement), very big portions and couldn't finish it!
My partner was driving so I had 2 glasses of wine, both large glasses and the wine was of very good quality. When the girl seen my partner wasn't drinking she offered to keep the other glass of wine in their fridge chilling for me - thank you for that :)
We bought a start of Nachos to share, absolutely gorgeous, one of the best I have tasted. We also bought two diet cokes.
Will definitely return here and perhaps try the tapas next time. We did look at their their menu when we were choosing our starter and I must admit everything is very reasonably prices and the service was speedy.
No complaints whatsoever.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I visited 1901 on Saturday the restaurant was quite to begin with however the staff made us very welcome! We had purchased a deal with Living social hamburgers/pizza and a drink. we ordered a chicken burger and a chilli burger and it was fandabbydozy!! We were so impressed that we decided to order a sweet, we choose a trio of sweets. This consisted of sticky toffiee pudding , a profiterole with ice cream inside and a piece of raspberry cheesecake they were amazing!!!! I would recommend this place and have booked to come back

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I visited 1901 with my family including two youngsters aged 4 and 1. We were made very welcome and a high chair was provided for the one year old without any fuss. Not all restaurants welcome youngsters but 1901 made us feel very comfortable. This was the first time I had tried tapas and "wow" I was very pleasantly surprised how tasty they were. My other family members selected from the bar menu which also offers a good variety of choice for both adults and kids. The bar and La Vida restaurant were very busy and although the staff were also clearly very busy, the service was prompt and friendly with the waiter remembering what each person had ordered. I will definitely visit again to sample more of the tapas - superb selection to choose from and perfect for friends to "pick and mix". My favourite so far is the red pepper stuffed with goats cheese with a caramelised onion topping - absolutely to die for - my mouth is watering at the thought...I thorougly recommend a visit to 1901 and La Vida restaurant *****

2  Thank Alison M
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Seven of us went for a reunion on a Tuesday night, the restaurant was quiet, but it was cosy and welcoming. We haven't visited 1901 since it has changed management but we really enjoyed it. The Tapa's was excellent, we all choose four dishes from the extensive menu, choosing chicken in coriander and lime batter, Lamb meatballs, mussels and so, so much more. One of our friends suffers from some food allergies and Ross the manager bent over backwards to accommodate her. We were all stuffed at the end of our meal. Again I must say the staff were great and compliments to the chef! We have booked again for a Christmas dinner on the 8th of December, with a motown night to follow in the bar later, looking forward to it. And Ross and the staff keep up the excellent work.

1  Thank June W