“Good but not great”
Review of Esca

Esca
Reserve with OpenTable
Esca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #167 of 2,413 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Wishaw, United Kingdom
“Good but not great”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I went for the first time to Esca for dinner and had heard positive things from others about the quality. I thought the menu offered a good range of choices. Of our starters the Shetland mussels in a chilli tomato broth were plentiful and tasty however the opposite could be said of the minestrone soup. Our mains consisted of veal Milanese and pollo zafforano - the veal was a bit tough and the chicken was uninspiring. Service was decent and the experience could best be rather blandly described as "nice".

Visited August 2014

Auchinleck, Scotland
“Fabulous”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Went for a Groupon 2 course with large wine or beer. Good choice on menu service was excellent and food was devine. Will definitely be back and won't hesitate to recommend.

1 Thank laineyrob
“Lovely Italian restaurant”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Myself husband and 4 yr old daughter popped in here for lunch. I used the itison voucher and swapped the wine choice for a soft drink. The food was lovely and service excellent. We had the pizza, risotto and the meatballs ( children's ) choices. There was no perceived negativity with using the voucher ( I have experienced this in other restaurants) all in all we really enjoyed lunch and will be back. Lovely little restaurant with good food and a nice comfortable atmosphere. We have been now a few times and would recommend it to others.

• Visited August 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nothing out of the ordinary”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We used an itison voucher to visit here - pizza and a large glass of wine. We bought a starter at an additional charge. I chose the calamari , which to be frank, was rubbery. My wife had the mozzarella balls which were tasteless. The pizza was good , but nothing you couldn't buy elsewhere. I've tasted better. The wine was good. The atmosphere was good, decor above average and can't complain about the service.

Visited August 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“One of my favourites”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Esca is one of my favourite restaurants in Glasgow. I have been coming here for many years and the experience is always pleasant. The food is good, the staff are friendly, and the set menu is good value.

• Visited August 2014