“Went on a voucher deal”
Review of Esca

Esca
Reserve with OpenTable
Esca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #160 of 2,408 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
scotland
“Went on a voucher deal”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Excellent value for money with this voucher deal £35 for two people....3 courses and tea/ coffee, glass of fizz on arrival, bottle wine between two. Can't argue with that !
The food was very good, all 3 courses, actually couldn't finish it. Service excellent, place was busy, tables well spaced, good lighting, clean toilets. Very pleasant evening with friends. No rush to get you out. The wine was pretty good ( noticed house was around £16/bottle).
We had various food, salmon fish cakes, rib eye steak, leg lamb, panacotta, sticky toffee...all good.
No complaints with this deal. Can't really comment on the a la carte / prices etc but we were very satisfied with our lot ! If this deal comes up again, grab it, you won't be disappointed .

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I regularly arrange nights out for a large corporate team ( 50 + people). Challenges often arise long before the event itself. Not with Esca. They were communicative and helpful, provided a relatively extensive 3-course menu for a very reasonable £20 pp and accommodated not only a variety of food restrictions but also multiple changes on our side until the very last minute. (We had to pass the organizer baton between three people.)

The night of the event I was present but unable to stay for the whole evening. Though the staff recognized me, they dutifully took any queries or challenges to the designated organizer of the evening and let me enjoy myself. Nevertheless, despite two very full rooms (the room we filled and the other room) , the staff held up admirably. Food was brought out quickly and as expected and requests were accommodated by the staff admirably. There was no problem getting anyone's attention - staff were attentive and responsive. When I requested a modification to their service (the table I was seated at had been at the end of the serving line, but I was suffering from an injury and keen to get away) this was immediately addressed.

Though I left early, when I left everyone was obviously in good spirits and having a good time.

I would absolutely recommend Esca to someone who is planning a work event.

Glasgow
“Another Great Pizza”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had another lovely meal with a wowcher. We ordered the stuffed mushrooms to start along with a portion of focaccia. Both were very tasty. We ordered the lasagne and inferno pizza, again both were great. All washed down with a cold pint of moretti. A most enjoyable evening out.

east kilbride , scotland
“Excellent food”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Went to
Esca for lunch with a wowcher deal for one course for two people.
We had inferno pizza and chicken linguini between us.
Food was the best we have had In a long time in any restuarant
Will def recommend it to people and will return soon
Only niggle was it was £1.90 for a small glass of draft cola

1 Thank irene007
“Decent but one waitress crossed the line”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The restaurant itself is nice, small in the section we were in but well presented. The food was good and the choices were reasonable for a fixed price menu.

When I ordered a round of sambucas for my table which then took a very long time to arrive I asked the waitress of they were coming. Instead of her politely replying she was abrupt and rude. Given my company were paying a large amount of money I would go so far as to say her response was unacceptable and crossed the line on service. It was the waitress with brown hair and glasses, a good bit older than the others. The other waitresses were all very nice and friendly. Unfortunately because of this I wouldn't go back and I definitely wouldn't recommend arranging a company night out there.

I also saw many coupled turn up and seeing us occupy the main room left rather quickly. There was no hostess to greet them or even inform them they could have a table in the other part of the restaurant away from our large group.

They don't seem well prepared for large parties.

Given all the other choice of dining establishments in Glasgow I would recommend going elsewhere.

Visited June 2013