“Worth a visit.”

Gala Riverboat Restaurant
Ranked #1,641 of 2,472 Restaurants in Glasgow
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The lively atmosphere and the classic decor aboard the riverboat casino is a great place to dine out in Glasgow, and is open from 5pm-3am.The rich eclectic menu is a fantastic fusion of home-cooked favourite and modern cuisine.After a hearty meal choose from two bars to enjoy an after dinner drink from an extensive list of champagnes, cocktails, wines and spirits.Signature dishes include our very own Aberdeen Angus Braised and Bramble Braised loin of succulent slow cooked beef, served on a potato rosti, with cauliflower puree, wild mushrooms flambeed in Drambuie, baby root vegetables and a bramble and red wine jus. Or for a more international twist we have our sumptuous Baked Fillet of Scottish Sea Bass with Sizzled Ginger, Spring Onion and Chilli Presented on a bed of hoi sin noodles with a zucchini tower balsamic roast vine tomatoes, and sizzled ginger, chilli and spring onions to finish.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were staying in Glasgow over the weekend and booked the riverboat to have dinner in.
Being early January,the Restaurant was very quiet, however one young gentleman appeared to have responsibility for serving at the bar, taking the orders,and bringing out the food as well as customers paying their bill to him,so service was a bit so so,but no fault of the young waiter.
The Menu was none to exciting, however the food was hot and tasty,and for the £13 per person we paid, for a starter and main course,we were certainly not overcharged.
The surroundings were comfortable,and the added bonus of being able to "win/loose" a few £'s in the same building added to the night..
Overall not an unplesant evening,and would certainly go back at a later date..
Thank you for looking after us..

Alistair...

There are newer reviews for Gala Riverboat Restaurant

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We where in the Riverboat Casino Restaurant in Thursday, and we have dinner in the restaurant, that now have a new look, much better than before, they have a menu call the waterfront menu is available Sunday to Thursday all evening from 17.00 till 03.00 and Friday and Saturday from 17.00 till 19.00 and after from 00.00 till 03.00 two course dinner is £9.95 and three course dinner is £12.50 I have to say that I was impress, the service was friendly and good, the food was great, some times this deals are no to good look good in the menu, but not in the plate, this deal look better in the plate, I have have the breaded mushrooms with garlic mayonnaise , amazing and my friends the 9oz rib eye steak, I was told that the meat was Scottish and mature from 28 days, with the chips and the pepper sauce was amazing good value for money, my friend have the deep fry calamari, very good and for main course the topped chicken con bacon and barbecue sauce chips an green beans again goodddddddddd, we never try the dessert, because we where full, but if you prefer you can have a main and dessert, for £9.95, we will do that next time, definitely we will be back, that menu is very good news, I whist to the team of the Riverboat Casino all the best they are going in the right direction, great experience, even in the gaming floor we wing £20 what else can I say, I will be back soon, I can not wait till next time, I love a bargain, don't we everybody do?

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Menu has changed since last visit. Steak, steak and more steak. Poor choice of 4 starters. Salmon came with a baked potato and green beans, no sauce and was hardly worth the £12.95 charged. Fish, chips and mushy peas were fine. Ordered 2 side portions of onion rings which we returned as burnt and inedible. Poor choice of 3 sweets. Will not return until menu is changed.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

this place was awful, food was dreadful and some had to be sent back. Do yourself and favour and don't go

1  Thank steph3125