“Fun, fast and tasty”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reading, Pennsylvania
“Fun, fast and tasty”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

My friend and I had never been to a Yo! Sushi before, but we had a lot of fun. We were there on a Monday so we took advantage of the blue plate special where everything was £2.40 on the belt. Everything was delicious and our waitress was very friendly. Two things to know- the plates add up to quite an expensive bill at the end and to get a student discount you need to register online before you go there. As a side note, they also charge for tap water that you get from the table. It was a fun time, though.

• Visited May 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great selection and fresh ingredients”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I am a frequent customer of this branch of Yo Sushi, usually on Blue Mondays where dishes are £2.30 each from the Blue Mondays menu.

The food is always were fresh and tasty. If you go on Sumo Sundays and Blue Mondays, the service can be rather slow as these days are when it is usually very busy. it is frequented by many families with children as they enjoy being able to see the dishes on the conveyor belt before trying.

This branch is far better than the branch located inside Silverburn both for the freshness of ingredients and the food itself.

• Visited January 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, very friendly and lovely staff”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

As always, great tatsy food from Yo! Fresh and tasty sushi and delious spicey katsu curry.

What I like most about the Glasgow branch is the friendly staff and the professional and welcoming receptionist.

Great!

• Visited January 2012
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Having eaten their Newcastle branch recently, decided to stop in at the Glasgow branch.

Despite being busy, got a seat quickly (next to the fryers) and was asked if I knew how things worked, to which I answered that I did. Ordered some hot plates & a drink, both of which came quickly (hot plates delivered over the belt from one of the kitchen staff rather than the waiting staff).

All then started going downhill - seemed to be a lot less in the way of choice of plates going around on the belt, in complete contrast to the Newcastle branch when I visited last week.

Despite being listed in the menu as a "best seller", I watched the belt for 25-30 mins and no portions of Salmon Nigiri came by unless they were included in the larger selection plate (which is also more expensive).

Didn't want to push the call button in case any of the dishes I would have liked to try came by at that moment, but eventually did - and to be fair the staff responded promptly.

Explained that there didn't appear to be as much choice as I'd seen in other branches. I was then advised that this is why I was asked if I knew how the menu worked when I took my seat, and that they can make a dish to order if need be ( I then ordered, and this was prepared and handed to me over the belt by the kitchen staff). This, to me, voids the novel concept of looking for dishes on the menu and picking them off the belt as they go past. I then saw three more portions of the same dish being placed on the belt for others to choose from too.

Whislt I appreciated the offer to prepare a dish to order, I didn't appreciate the "push the service button to receive a lecture" and this made the higher prices (in comparison to other casual Japanese dining options nearby) contribute towards a disappointing experience.

• Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“You can get much better at Ichiban on Queen Street”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

8pm on a Saturday night, staff is obviously unhappy and undermotivated, the selection on the conveyor was terrible. Ordered tuna, told they might be out - how can you be 'out' of tuna as a sushi restaurant. Tiny portion o f tuna found and delivered by unhappy camper. The rolls are cut very narrow - not real sushi. The rest was just a mess. This place needs a Gordon Ramsey makeover. For 40 quid, I coulda' made a banquet of sushi myself at home. Avoid.

• Visited August 2011