“very good value for money”

Committee Room No 9
Ranked #218 of 2,520 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Committee Room 9 is a hidden treasure in the Merchant City which offers a warm welcome and great value. From quick lunches to after work drinks and big celebrations, to student societies and sports events stoked with atmosphere, we're a hub of buzz and activity. Family friendly until 9pm, Committee Room No.9 serves up a hearty food menu with a great range of draught beers complimenting live sport on our many big screens and live music on the bar stage, to create a local feel in the heart of the city. To help you get into the weekend spirit, we you'll find live acoustic tunes every Thursday from 8pm plus DJs spinning feel-good tracks every Friday and Saturday from 8pm to 1am.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I meet some friends here before going to the theatre.
The staff were friendly and helpful... Also the food was lovely... overall 3 people eating with a round of drinks £18 not too bad.
The table service was also good and the waiter offering to split the bill between all 3 of us or as 1 joinht bill if we wished.
Only comment is to watch the drink prices as a single Bicardi & coke was £3.75 however a double Bicardi with coke & lime cocktail £3.65 so this would be the better deal.

Mark W, Manager at Committee Room No 9, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Hi there maryellen741,

Thanks for leaving your feedback from your recent vist to Committee Room No. 9. I'm glad you found the staff friendly and helpful and you enjoyed our food. We always try to make our prices good value and competitive for a city centre location. Our cocktails start at £3.49 so, depending on what you like to drink, it can be better value to go for a cocktail. We're constantly evaluating our drinks offering to make sure it is the best in town and the issue you've rasied about the Cuba Libre is definitely something we will keep in mind.
Thanks again for leaving your review and I hope to see you back again soon!
Many thanks,
Mark

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We visited here last night before going to the theatre.
The bar is quite well laid out and has a couple of large screen TV's, and the upstairs has several quiet tables and chairs, together with entrance to a function room.
The bar prices were reasonable, especially for the centre of Glasgow, a pint of cola was £2.80, and a pint of Stella was £3.90. We ordered some food, and it arrived fresh and piping hot, and again the prices were very reasonable!
The staff were very efficient and friendly, and we would most definitely go back there again!

Hi there starfleet1701, thanks for leaving your review on our TripAdvisor page.
It's great to hear your experience at Committee Room 9 was a good one and you enjoyed your visit to the venue. Our aim is to provide great food and drinks with excellent service and I'm glad you think we achieved this.
I hope you come and visit us again and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Thanks again,
Mark

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My friend wrote a review about my party back in January. Since then they called me and book another night for us. We had a group of 6 so where given some food and cocktail jugs. Makes up for what had happened. It didn't even bother us that the football was on which made it hard to get to the bar.

Hi there Curly13_12,

Thanks for leaving a review on our TripAdvisor page. I'm glad you gave the venue another chance and had a great and busy night. We are a very popular pub for the football so I'm glad you still had a great night despite this not being your focus. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Thanks again,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Once again I cannot praise Committee Room No 9 enough - from the point of booking (i had some special requests) through to the end of the night everything was excellent. We were a group of 10 and all thoroughly enjoyed our food (fish supper, haggis supper, burgers and scampi to name but a few of the choices we went for) and drinks. The staff are so friendly and attentive and really cannot be faulted. This place is definitely a favourite of mine so of course will be back.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I called about a month before visiting to try to reserve an area for a works leaving do. The service over the phone was excellent and they couldnt of been more accomodating, even when I changed the time of my booking. The place is great for a works night out as the location is fantastic for people who possibly dont know town very well as it is a block from george square and just on the edge of the merchant city. The decor is fab and outdoor seating outside when the sun was shining made it all the better. The service from everyone that worked there was fantastic and very friendly and for being in the merchant city the prices are fab, £1,99 for a malt of the month to £9.99 pitchers so there was something for everyone. Didnt eat so cannot comment on that but will definetly be back to try as looking at other tables eating that looked lovely too, Would def recommend!

Hi there Gemma G,

Thanks for the great feedback. I'm glad you had a great visit when you came in for drinks. Even though we are a city centre location, we try to make our food and drink great quality and great value. I'm glad you had a good work night out and I hope you pop in again soon and try our great food.

Thanks again.