“Confirming my review”

Committee Room No 9
Ranked #222 of 2,542 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Scottish, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Committee Room 9 is a hidden treasure in the Merchant City which offers a warm welcome and great value. From quick lunches to after work drinks and big celebrations, to student societies and sports events stoked with atmosphere, we're a hub of buzz and activity. Family friendly until 9pm, Committee Room No.9 serves up a hearty food menu with a great range of draught beers complimenting live sport on our many big screens and live music on the bar stage, to create a local feel in the heart of the city. To help you get into the weekend spirit, we you'll find live acoustic tunes every Thursday from 8pm plus DJs spinning feel-good tracks every Friday and Saturday from 8pm to 1am.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My friend wrote a review about my party back in January. Since then they called me and book another night for us. We had a group of 6 so where given some food and cocktail jugs. Makes up for what had happened. It didn't even bother us that the football was on which made it hard to get to the bar.

Mark W, Manager at Committee Room No 9, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Hi there Curly13_12,

Thanks for leaving a review on our TripAdvisor page. I'm glad you gave the venue another chance and had a great and busy night. We are a very popular pub for the football so I'm glad you still had a great night despite this not being your focus. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Thanks again,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Once again I cannot praise Committee Room No 9 enough - from the point of booking (i had some special requests) through to the end of the night everything was excellent. We were a group of 10 and all thoroughly enjoyed our food (fish supper, haggis supper, burgers and scampi to name but a few of the choices we went for) and drinks. The staff are so friendly and attentive and really cannot be faulted. This place is definitely a favourite of mine so of course will be back.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I called about a month before visiting to try to reserve an area for a works leaving do. The service over the phone was excellent and they couldnt of been more accomodating, even when I changed the time of my booking. The place is great for a works night out as the location is fantastic for people who possibly dont know town very well as it is a block from george square and just on the edge of the merchant city. The decor is fab and outdoor seating outside when the sun was shining made it all the better. The service from everyone that worked there was fantastic and very friendly and for being in the merchant city the prices are fab, £1,99 for a malt of the month to £9.99 pitchers so there was something for everyone. Didnt eat so cannot comment on that but will definetly be back to try as looking at other tables eating that looked lovely too, Would def recommend!

Hi there Gemma G,

Thanks for the great feedback. I'm glad you had a great visit when you came in for drinks. Even though we are a city centre location, we try to make our food and drink great quality and great value. I'm glad you had a good work night out and I hope you pop in again soon and try our great food.

Thanks again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Not sure if this review will really stack up as I only visited the pub area. Well, here goes anyway. We'd just had a nice meal nearby and headed off for drinkies (it was Friday night after all). We only really meant to stay here for a couple of drinks and move on but ended up spending the whole evening here. The pub was 'busy' but not over noisy (I hate pubs where you can't hear yourself think). The staff were so nice and instead of waiting for us to order more at the bar they ended up coming to our table for the drinks order - saves queuing. Cracking pub, reasonably priced too. Would definitely head back here again.

Mark W, Manager at Committee Room No 9, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hi Julia N,

Thanks for taking time to leave feedback on our Trip Advisor page. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Committee Room 9 and your after dinner drinks! I hope you pop in again soon!
Thanks.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Great food and grate service prices reasonable. Would recommend this to others. Staff are really friendly

Mark W, Manager at Committee Room No 9, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Good Morning Norma B.
Thank you for your kind review. It is always good to receive positive feedback from our guests. I am delighted that you enjoyed our food, our service and that you find value in what we offer. Hope to see you again soon.