“Avoidant all costs”

Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

When we arrived we were given a table practically in the kitchen squashed at the very far end of the restaurant, when we asked if there was another table we were very rudely told no and either take it or leave it. Once we spoke to another member of staff we we were told wait 5minutes and they would sort something out. Soon after we were then taken to another table by the door and given our menus. We asked for drinks and then our order was taken, we had been before so we were expecting bread and olives at the table but we had to ask for this. After 20 minutes of waiting for our drink order we asked the same waiter who was rude earlier where our drinks were only to be told "Who did you give your order to" and find them and ask them. He them began to argue with us at the table shouting that he did not take the drinks order, by this time other diners were staring and wondering what was going on. After a 10 minute rant from the waiter standing over our table we asked for the bill what we had and left. I never felt as embarrassed in my life in a restaurant. I won't be back if this is the way there staff treat there customers.

1  Thank 78J_W

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Visited this restaurant with a friend and was welcomed by polite smiling staff. The restaurant was quite empty when we arrived but that did not last long. The food was excellent and the efes was a delight, just the turkish sunshine was missing. The service was very good and I am already looking forward to returning to this great restaurant.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My friend had treated me to my first visit here a few month's ago and I was looking for somewhere different to take the family last weekend.
I am so glad we ventured there .The food was so tasty. The menu is extensive and we enjoyed trying some new things as well as some more familiar dishes such as the chicken shish kebab that featured on the Great value Pre Theatre Deal.
The house red was exellent and overall the meal was fantastic value.
We will be back (hope the Baklava is on next time as my daughter was looking forward to having some and it was unavailable). Never mind ! That us got another excuse for a return visit.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Four of us went here and opted for the £6.95 two course business lunch. What a bargain! The food was excellent and worth every penny. Friendly staff in lovely surroundings. Will definitely be back here again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

First visit to this modern Turkish restaurant in Glasgow City centre. Very friendly welcome and very good service throughout our visit. An excellent choice of dishes on the menu and the quality of the food was first class and definitely not over priced. The house wine was of a good quality and very competitively priced and complimented the food well. Would not hesitate to return and will recommend this establishment to one and all.