“Returning Customer”

Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very nice modern restaurant. Have good belly dancing entertainmant and turkish nights. The food is very nice and the staff are friendly. I have recently dinned here with a big group of my family. The staff were very helpful and calm as there was 20 of us, and some arriving late (as usual). I would highly recommend this place for anyone.

Great Place!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had a pre-theatre set meal here and can't wait to go back for another. This is a lovely restaurant less than ten minutes walk from the Theatre Royal. The staff were very friendly, particularly the young waitress, who obviously enjoyed her work. The food was delicious and the portions were large. This is probably the best value meal we have had in Glasgow.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Fabulous fresh well priced food in a lovely restaurant in the heart of Glasgow. We went here on a 5pm deal Pre-theatre a steal at £9.95 for 2 courses or £11.50 for 3 included a glass of wine or soft drink. Olives, huge bread (looks similar to nan and defo the size of a nan) & dipping oils complimentary. I had the humous then the chicken shish which comes with salad, rice, more bread, potato followed by ice cream. The food was fresh. I would definitely return here & thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was my third visit to the restaurant and I can honestly say that it is one of the best in Glasgow. The food is authentic, tasty and very reasonably priced.

The surroundings have a lovely Turkish influence, but it's not overpowering. I adore their chandelier.

The staff cannot do enough for you and are very polite and attentive.

I will definitely be back.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Visited here on a cold November night at the start of the week. Restaurant was pretty quite and we were offered a table for 2 which was a bit exposed, though we asked if we could move into a comfy booth and we were allowed. Thankfully we had a bit of heat off the radiator under the table, but it was a little on the chilly side, no doubt due to the space between the front glass doors.
We ordered 2 starters and 2 mains and we were given a large complimentary Turkish pide (a thin crispy naan bread), olives and butter to munch on while we waited. My hubby hated his starter which was 4 small tasteless crispy falafel which he struggled with. Luckily his adana kebab was very tasty. Though it came with a ridiculously small thin flap of peta bread and a ice-cream scoop of rice!!! For me my starter of Borek (feta cheese and spinach in filo pastry) was gorgeous and a good sized portion. Hubby had one due to his poor starter. However I wasn't so lucky with my main of Mantarli Guvek ( chicken, mushroom and veg casserole) which was pretty watery and lacking in flavour and was like a soup sized portion. In fact it tasted like a tomato, veg and chicken soup. It came with an ice-cream scoop of rice, some salad and garnish, though I was pretty much still hungry afterwards as was my husband, so we had to snack when we came home, and remember we were given the pide to start us off.
It came to around £36 which is about normal for us, but it was bad value as the portions in general were quite ridiculously small. Doubt we'll return as we have had great Turkish food elsewhere and in the country itself. So this visit was pretty inauthentic and disappointing for us.