“Not very authentic”

Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Visited here on a cold November night at the start of the week. Restaurant was pretty quite and we were offered a table for 2 which was a bit exposed, though we asked if we could move into a comfy booth and we were allowed. Thankfully we had a bit of heat off the radiator under the table, but it was a little on the chilly side, no doubt due to the space between the front glass doors.
We ordered 2 starters and 2 mains and we were given a large complimentary Turkish pide (a thin crispy naan bread), olives and butter to munch on while we waited. My hubby hated his starter which was 4 small tasteless crispy falafel which he struggled with. Luckily his adana kebab was very tasty. Though it came with a ridiculously small thin flap of peta bread and a ice-cream scoop of rice!!! For me my starter of Borek (feta cheese and spinach in filo pastry) was gorgeous and a good sized portion. Hubby had one due to his poor starter. However I wasn't so lucky with my main of Mantarli Guvek ( chicken, mushroom and veg casserole) which was pretty watery and lacking in flavour and was like a soup sized portion. In fact it tasted like a tomato, veg and chicken soup. It came with an ice-cream scoop of rice, some salad and garnish, though I was pretty much still hungry afterwards as was my husband, so we had to snack when we came home, and remember we were given the pide to start us off.
It came to around £36 which is about normal for us, but it was bad value as the portions in general were quite ridiculously small. Doubt we'll return as we have had great Turkish food elsewhere and in the country itself. So this visit was pretty inauthentic and disappointing for us.

Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Visited this restaurant in May and September with friend.Very good value,outstanding delicious authentic Turkish food,nice atmosphere,friendly staff,good service.I love Turkish food and been in Turkey many times,so for me having a meal in this restaurant was like i been back to Turkey.Can't recommend this place enough and hope to visit many times in future!

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Have returned many times. Food excellent, great service, fantastic value. Best turkish restaurant in glasgow. Will continue to return.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Anatolia is on the quiet side of Hope St. in Glasgow City Center; the out-of-way location means that you have to intend to go there, I think. We've always thought about going, but this was the first time we made it in over 5 years. We'll be back though!

We had a party of six people, and I must admit that the seating wasn't great; it was a bit cramped. But the food more than made up for it; the quality of the meat was fantastic and the dishes were a good blend of meat, vegetables and bread. Our party had a very varied set of dishes and they were all good. At the end of the meal, a dancer came around the restaurant showing off her belly-dancing skills. That was great fun and really added to the atmosphere. We really enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had lunch here with a business customer. The presentation was good, the service was ok it could be better. We were sitting right at the door so it was cold but the experience was pleasant I would return.