“Always consistently good”

Ranked #33 of 2,411 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opium specialises in oriental fusion cuisine, offering a mix of traditional Dim Sum and fusion dishes. We're open everyday and look forward to welcoming you here at 191 Hope Street. Located in the heart of Glasgow city centre, Opium is great for a working lunch or to catch up with friends. As night falls our interior transforms, it's perfect for an intimate dinner or a celebration with family and friends.
“Always consistently good”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Beautiful restaurant, always consistent never had a bad meal or bad service here.

The staff are very friendly and polite the food is lovely and full of flavour.

And I love getting that little Ferrero rocher chocolate with the bill somehow I always manage to eat my husbands.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
“awards well deserved”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Visited here for my birthday and everybody was blown away by the quality. I had told butternut squash soup for my starter and was without the best I have ever had.

1 Thank Andrew N
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Evening meal”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a top quality restaurant.
You can see why they have won plenty of awards.
I would visit this restaurant again.
The Dim Sum was tremendous.
Service was very good.
One of my favourite Chinese restaurants that I have had the pleasure of eating in!
Good value for money.

Visited June 2014
“Worth the visit”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Me and my boyfriend came here for dinner for our anniversary and we could not fault the service or the food. It was wonderfully light inside and every member of staff was so attentive. Would like to thank all the staff at Opium for a wonderful evening. Everything was delicious and the presentation was impressive. The food looked and tasted beautiful and the service just as good as Michelin started restaurant I've visited. We both said that we would return there again.

• Visited June 2014
“Consistently Fabulous food”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We have eaten here on several occasions and have found the food to be of a consistently high quality. Beautifully cooked fish/seafood with just the right amount of kick. Have eaten here as a couple and with family and we all agree it is one of the best in Glasgow.
For starters the crab and sweetcorn soup is delicious as are the dun sum. The chilli salt and pepper squid is just fantastic (my absolute MUST dish) and for mains the steamed sea bass is excellent as is the Thai red snapper or Xo Tiger prawn and scallops with noodles.
All of the food is freshly prepared and beautifully presented. Whenever we are thinking of going out for a meal Opium is first on the list. Book ahead if you are thinking of going there at the weekend.

• Visited May 2014