“very good Asian cusine”

Ranked #41 of 2,522 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opium specialises in oriental fusion cuisine, offering a mix of traditional Dim Sum and fusion dishes. We're open everyday and look forward to welcoming you here at 191 Hope Street. Located in the heart of Glasgow city centre, Opium is great for a working lunch or to catch up with friends. As night falls our interior transforms, it's perfect for an intimate dinner or a celebration with family and friends.
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very good restaurant with a good staff. Very friendly and organised. Good food, with tasty dim sum. Main dishes were excellent as well. Nice choice of wines and the cocktail we had was super! Near CitizenM hotel 5 min walk. Clean table and toilets. No cheap, but value for money. Nice for business diner or romantic diner.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Good food, good service, what more could you ask for in this friendly place in the centre of Glasgow. Worth a visit!

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Came here based on its TA rating and overall I wasn't disappointed - when I came in it was pretty quiet and the service was very prompt but by the time I finished the place was jam packed and the service slipped a little

I had the Thai soup followed by the Hong Kong Beef Flank - the soup was very good although the beef was a bit too fatty for my "Jack Spratt" palette - to be fair it could have been the cut but it was still tasty

Would I come again/recommend? Yes I would

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went last Saturday for starters we had salt and pepper squid and chichen shu mai (chicken and prawn dim sum) followed by chicken satay and rib eye beef and black bean and three greens.The food was excellent tasted really fresh service was really good and friendly.3 beers and two G&Ts When the bill came it was only £69 i thought they had made a mistake!We will definitely be back soon and would highly recommend.

1  Thank John T T
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurant by chance, and decided to see if there was a table available at 7.30pm on a Sat night (were not hopeful as the restaurant was busy)...we were told that there would be a table available at 8.30pm so we went for a drink for an hour and came back. The manager was ver professional, well spoken and presented.
Inside the restaurant is very classy and well laid out. The waitresses wear formal black dresses - looks very nice.
To drink, I ordered a Zombie cocktail which arrived flaming! (see pic) However the taste of the cocktail was too orangey and reminded me of the taste of sick (sorry) but that might just be me. My other half ordered a Jack D and coke, which came with a separate mini can of coke. With our drinks came prawn crackers and sweet chilli dip (see pic).
We ordered salt & chili squid to share as a starter (see pic). It was cooked to perfection and just the right amount of chilli's. For main courses we ordered:
Pomegranate Sweet & Sour Chicken (see pics) - served with a thin breast of battered chicken, few veg and sauce poured over the top
Chicken Satay (see pics) - 4 chicken skewers with a satay sauce that had a coconut taste to it - very nice!
We ordered a boiled rice (see pic) to share as as we do not eat a lot of rice with our meals this suited us but I would recommend that you order one rice per person.
The menu had a selection of seafood, meat, chicken and vegetarian options.
I would absolutely recommend this restaurant and can't wait to go back!