“Food was good service was below par”

Prezzo - Glasgow St Vincent Place
Ranked #565 of 2,411 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This is one of my favourite restaurants, which has just opened a branch in Glasgow, but hasn't yet been added to your list.
glasgow
“Food was good service was below par”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The restaurant looks great and the menu choice is very varied. We enjoyed our meal but I would say that the staff need to step up on the service and politeness. My husband asked for vinegar for his chips and was offered balsamic - not a normal choice for fries! When asked for normal he was looked at like he was mad. He did without. A number of the staff were crowded round a PC in full view for most of of the time we were there. Don't think we'll go back

• Visited December 2013

Scotland
“Great food”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by here for lunch on a busy Sunday Xmas shopping day in Glasgow. Promptly shown to our table. Great choice on menu. Very reasonable (£45 for 4 people) Planning to return here very soon

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Service was shocking.”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Three of my friends and I went to Prezzo on a friday night without booking a table. It was a last minute choice to go for a meal and although none of us had ever been to Prezzo before, the menu looked nice and was priced reasonably well for a restaurant in the city centre. We didn't expect there to be much room for the four of us but thought that we would just ask anyway. The man (who we think was the manager) was VERY RUDE and when we said that no, we didn't have a booking, he tutted and shook his head. Not a great first impression..... he seated us at a nice window table and he then told us that we had an hour to an hour and 15 mins to eat our meals and leave. We could see it was busy and thought that telling us this was fair enough - but the fact that he waited to tell us this AFTER we were seated and had menus put us in a bit of an awkward position. He should have told us this at the door. Our order was taken by an efficient young woman who was verging on rushing us through our order. The food (risotto, burger, pizza, spagbol) tasted fresh, was hot and we got it within 25 mins of the order being taken (even though the burger was missing prosciutto ham) However, one thing that made us feel more disappointed with the service was when we were waiting on our food and a waitress walked towards us with a tray of drinks. My friend smiled and politely told the waitress that those weren't our drinks. The waitress didn't reply, rolled her eyes and walked off as if it was our fault that she made a mistake. By then, we were feeling a bit unwelcome and uncomfortable. We left feeling reasonably satisfied with the food but all agreed that we definitely wouldn't be returning because of the rude staff members. The manager also needs to be a bit more discreet about how he treats his employees. At one point, he physically turned one of the waitresses around by grabbing her arms. This isn't exactly something you want to see happening while eating.... All four of us work/ have worked in hospitality before and know the importance of customer service NO MATTER how busy it is. This is the first time my friends and I have complained about a restaurant but felt it was necessary.

Ramsbottom, United Kingdom
“I was conned .......”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

because I hate chain restaurants, and I didn't know Prezzo was ! The food was delicious. I had lunch with my wife of a pesto spaghetti with lobster..... absolutely fantastic. Very relaxed atmosphere and staff. To me it had the feel of a very good individual restaurant, so if this is the formula for Prezzos throughout the UK , its a very good formula

• Visited November 2013
“Great food, but certain staff with a bad attitude ruined it”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I went to the Glasgow branch of Prezzo tonight (a Tuesday) for an anniversary dinner with my boyfriend because the smaller one in Braehead shopping centre was good. The restaurant itself looks beautiful, and at around 5pm they dim the lights and put out candles - the atmosphere becomes quite warm and inviting.

We arrived at 4.15 to have drinks before eating. One man was doing everything and he seemed to be the only one there. His clothing (not a Prezzo uniform) suggested he was a manager or supervisor but I might be wrong on that.

When we came in he continued fiddling with something for a good while before coming to seat us. He immediately gave off an unfriendly snob vibe. We didn't know if he was just a rude person, or if he didn't make the effort to be pleasant because we were the only guests at this point. He sat us right beside the door where there was an awful draught (not in one of the lovely padded booths, which were given to other couples later)

We said we were going to have drinks before eating since it was just past 4pm and we weren't hungry yet. He acted like this was somehow an inconvenience for him. When he spoke it was snappy, and he never smiled (quite the opposite, he looked and sounded very annoyed). When he brought drinks he slammed them on the table like a moody teenager. I started to become uncomfortable at this point. He asked us in his "I don't have time for this" tone if we were ready to order mere minutes after getting our drinks despite what we had said about waiting (we definitely weren't taking up a table that they needed for someone else!) His expression visibly changed so he looked even more irritated, so I knew it wasn't just in my mind.

As soon as the clock hit 5pm, Another waitress asked us about food. We said we were ordering after finishing our drinks (the same ones). We were still only one of 3 tables, so we ordered another drink in the meantime. Despite what we'd just said, she replied with "you WILL have to order food, we don't have a license to only sell drinks", which isn't a real thing, as the only license applying to drinks is for alcohol (a license that they obviously have). I didn't appreciate them inventing some fake soft drinks license and treating us like idiots with this lie, while implying we were wasting their time even though we had told them we would be having food. Bear in mind we still weren't taking up a table that was needed by another party.

After our dealings with the first man stopped and the cheeky waitress made herself scarce, the night was more pleasant. Chicken ravioli, Italian burger with fries and chocolate fudge cake were very good - enjoying the food at the Braehead branch is what made us come here, but due to the cheeky waitress we dealt with and the initial extreme rudeness of the first man, I will only be visiting the Braehead or Silverburn branches. Overall, the restaurant is beautiful, ambiance is nice around dinner time, and food is very good - but treatment of customers is shocking. Try another branch.