“I was conned .......”

Prezzo - Glasgow St Vincent Place
Ranked #634 of 2,552 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This is one of my favourite restaurants, which has just opened a branch in Glasgow, but hasn't yet been added to your list.
Reviewed November 26, 2013

because I hate chain restaurants, and I didn't know Prezzo was ! The food was delicious. I had lunch with my wife of a pesto spaghetti with lobster..... absolutely fantastic. Very relaxed atmosphere and staff. To me it had the feel of a very good individual restaurant, so if this is the formula for Prezzos throughout the UK , its a very good formula

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I went to the Glasgow branch of Prezzo tonight (a Tuesday) for an anniversary dinner with my boyfriend because the smaller one in Braehead shopping centre was good. The restaurant itself looks beautiful, and at around 5pm they dim the lights and put out candles - the atmosphere becomes quite warm and inviting.

We arrived at 4.15 to have drinks before eating. One man was doing everything and he seemed to be the only one there. His clothing (not a Prezzo uniform) suggested he was a manager or supervisor but I might be wrong on that.

When we came in he continued fiddling with something for a good while before coming to seat us. He immediately gave off an unfriendly snob vibe. We didn't know if he was just a rude person, or if he didn't make the effort to be pleasant because we were the only guests at this point. He sat us right beside the door where there was an awful draught (not in one of the lovely padded booths, which were given to other couples later)

We said we were going to have drinks before eating since it was just past 4pm and we weren't hungry yet. He acted like this was somehow an inconvenience for him. When he spoke it was snappy, and he never smiled (quite the opposite, he looked and sounded very annoyed). When he brought drinks he slammed them on the table like a moody teenager. I started to become uncomfortable at this point. He asked us in his "I don't have time for this" tone if we were ready to order mere minutes after getting our drinks despite what we had said about waiting (we definitely weren't taking up a table that they needed for someone else!) His expression visibly changed so he looked even more irritated, so I knew it wasn't just in my mind.

As soon as the clock hit 5pm, Another waitress asked us about food. We said we were ordering after finishing our drinks (the same ones). We were still only one of 3 tables, so we ordered another drink in the meantime. Despite what we'd just said, she replied with "you WILL have to order food, we don't have a license to only sell drinks", which isn't a real thing, as the only license applying to drinks is for alcohol (a license that they obviously have). I didn't appreciate them inventing some fake soft drinks license and treating us like idiots with this lie, while implying we were wasting their time even though we had told them we would be having food. Bear in mind we still weren't taking up a table that was needed by another party.

After our dealings with the first man stopped and the cheeky waitress made herself scarce, the night was more pleasant. Chicken ravioli, Italian burger with fries and chocolate fudge cake were very good - enjoying the food at the Braehead branch is what made us come here, but due to the cheeky waitress we dealt with and the initial extreme rudeness of the first man, I will only be visiting the Braehead or Silverburn branches. Overall, the restaurant is beautiful, ambiance is nice around dinner time, and food is very good - but treatment of customers is shocking. Try another branch.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This visit was for a special occasion, unfortunately their poor service ruined it. Starters were cold, had to be returned. Then 1 starter came and was finished before the rest arrived. No potatoes left for main course. Bruschetta had a vast amount of pesto all over it and chicken ravioli ruined with pancetta. Manager abrupt,no apology given, therefor no reason to return.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We've been here a few times now. We came in with family and friends for a meal the night before our wedding. Food was tasty we had pizza, pasta, risotto and salad between us however the service was poor. The waitresses didn't really understand some things and were at points rude. I asked for two empty champagne flutes as we already had a bottle. She brought two full ones and then charged us for them and then argued that I had ordered them! Nutella calzone was dry on the outside but other than that and the rude service food was good. So review is on whole visit rather than food.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We visited this as a family on a Sunday evening using our Tesco club card vouchers. The food was amazing and plentiful. We ordered starters to share, main courses and a pudding! One thing to point out is the option to choose 2 half portions of pasta, these are massive and are served in 2 large rectangular platters. There was a lot of waste which was a shame. Drinks were quite pricey but had a lovely evening.