“Great Tapas!”
Review of Arta

Arta
Ranked #48 of 202 Nightlife in Glasgow
More attraction details
Owner description: Spend a fun evening out at this hot night spot.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Great Tapas!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Been here a few times, the tapas and setting is fantastic, I totally recommend it, great selection of food and drink and friendly staff who look after your every need.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank dave_monaghan
Arta M, Manager at Arta, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is always nice to hear from one of our regular guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon, perhaps to sample something new from our fantastic tapas menu.

Anna Felczynska

Paisley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“We had a fantastic wedding!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I had my wedding ceremony and wedding meal at Arta recently and I have to say it was fantastic. They really did make it a special day for us. We had our meal in the courtyard and it was decorated beautifully. I have to say a special mention to Rebecca, the Restaurant Manager as she made sure the whole day ran super smoothly. The other staff who served us our food and drinks were superb too.Our meal was superb, all our guest commented on how lovely the food was and the presentation was first class. It was definitely as good as the meal we had at the menu tasting.

The only slight negative I have is that before hand, the communication from the various wedding co-ordinators I had dealt with could have been better but it all came to plan on the day and we could not have asked for a better day. I would certainly recommend Arta to anyone and we will definitely be visiting again soon.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank lorraine T
, General Manager at Arta, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Lorraine,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am very pleased to hear that you and your guests had such an enjoyable experience with us on your special day. Our staff strive to create a lasting memory of this beautiful venue and I will ensure your compliments are passed on to Rebecca, the chefs and all the other staff who contributed to your day.

I would also like to apologise for any confusion prior to the day of your wedding. We have recently appointed two full time events co-ordinators who will provide a consistent point of contact from initial enquiry through to the day of your event.

Thank you again for your comments, and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Arta.

Anna Felczynska
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lovely place but let down by poor staff and second rate DJ”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Went for the couples deal: tapas were not hot; forgot the side order (at least we weren't charged for it) and it took 15 mins to bring tap water in an earthenware jug with the handle broken off..
The restaurant is lovely but a little too dark... presumably so you can't see the food. Stayed for the petal drop - pointless nonsense.. but amusing as the staff instantly had to put out the health and safety signage for "don't slip" and swept it all into the baskets of fake apples...
Club downstairs was a good atmosphere but the dj did not have a clue - the mixing between songs was comedy with some awful missed beats, and he kept managing to get the place jumping for a couple of tracks, then killed it dead with something completely different..
All easily fixable: turn up the lights, train the staff to take orders, serve the (quite nice) food hot, and sack the dj... the place and atmosphere was great.

Visited June 2012
, Manager at Arta, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would like to offer my apologies that your experience at Arta was not to the high standard our staff strive to deliver. Your comments regarding your meal have been passed on to the kitchen and restaurant floor staff, and I can assure you that although this was an exception to our regular service, training and processes have been put in place to ensure it is not repeated.

Arta pride ourselves on creating a Mediterranean escape within Glasgow’s Merchant City. The many wax candles, fresh fruit display and weekly rose petal drop are a unique part of this experience, which have enticed our customers for over a decade. I am glad you enjoyed the atmosphere created within the venue, though I am sorry the DJ on the night was not to your liking. We rotate between a number of trusted DJ’s and live bands in our nightclub Canvas, occasionally trying out new talent in order to stay fresh.

I would hope that you would give Arta a second chance and return to us so that our staff may ensure you have a more enjoyable experience.

Rebecca Bernklow
Restaurant Manager
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Give it a miss......”
Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Was there last night for a friends hen-night, and was home in my pyjamas by half 11. The food wasn't up to much and I was still really hungry afterwards. It definately wasn't worth the £20 we had to pay for it, and the drinks took forever to come. I was only drinking diet coke, but had to wait ages for it, and when I did eventually get it, it was a glass of ice with a dash of juice. Not worth the money and wouldn't recommend it. If you want tapas, head to la tasca :)

1 Thank MrsM78
East Kilbride
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hen Night - Meal was a nightmare but the cocktail masterclass made up for it!”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had my hen night at Arta last night and felt the need to come on and write a review.

There were 17 of us booked in for the set menu meal and a cocktail making class. The girls who had been emailing me in the run up to my hen night were very helpful and friendly. They had asked me to take everyone's orders in preparation for last night in order for everything to run smoothly so I got all the info and passed it on,only to receive an email advising me that beef had been taken off of the menu and replaced with lamb. It was a bit of a pain to find out the night before my hen night but I managed to get revised orders from everyone and sent it off.

When we arrived at Arta the staff were again very helpful and friendly and took our coats before seating us. The starters were all lovely and everyone seemed happy with what they had ordered but when the main courses arrived everything started to go a bit downhill. The staff brought out beef and when we mentioned that I had been told this had been replaced with lamb, the staff didn't seem to know about it so they were serving our original order. Obviously there were 17 of us so it was really confusing! Next, it took forever for the rest of the mains to be served and I was sitting without my meal and a drink for about 30 minutes even though I had ordered my drink a few times from the waitresses! I was the last person to be served and by that time a few people's meals were cold because they wanted to wait on me before eating their own dinner. A few of the girls complained because I must say I was really disappointed at this point. Mainly because I had been so organised in getting everyone's orders in before we arrived only to find that it didn't actually matter because everything went wrong anyway! Then one of the waitresses said she had tried to contact me that day (she hadn't, no missed calls on my phone and no emails) and that the menu DID in fact still have the beef on it. Funny she said that considering 30 minutes before she was saying she had no idea about the menu change in the first place! So this really annoyed me - no need to lie about it, just be honest with us and sort out the problem so we can get on with our night. The rest of the staff were very apologetic and we did receive a glass of sparkling wine each for the inconvenience but I didn't think this really made up for the mess up! We were late for the cocktail making but when it started we really enjoyed it! After my friend had complained earlier in the night the staff did reserve a table for us in the nightclub downstairs which is normally quite expensive to book so this was good. The nightclub was great fun and we really did enjoy ourselves, but I felt I needed to mention the meal because it was sooooo unorganised even though I had made sure everything was sent through beforehand. It could have been handled a lot better at the time (ie, getting our missing meals out asap after realising what went wrong, which didn't happen). I gave this 3 out of 5 because the rest of the night really did get better. Not sure I would rush back for a meal but the cocktail class and the nightclub are definite thumbs up.

Visited April 2012